What is going on in his house

Moon POV
I followed Winter as he stalked into the detention room. As he entered, I could sense a memory flash through his head. It was..his father beating the crap out of him for getting a detention?!! What was going on in his house?
I watched Winter as he entered the room.

"So, what did you do to be here?" Mr

"So, what did you do to be here?" Mr. Whirlpool hissed. Winter sighed. "I was late, talked back to Mrs. Kestrel, and called her 'birdy'."
"Okay, I am leaving you off for now without a detention or a note sent to home, since you got revenge on Mrs. Kestrel for me."Mr. Whirlpool said. Winter let out a sigh of relief. "Thanks." He said.
I caught up to him as he exited the detention room. "Winter!" I called. "I have something to tell you."
"What is it?" He said, a small frown on his face. "I-I'm telepathic and a seer." I breathed. "What? Then tell me what I'm thinking right now." He said. I looked at him for two seconds and said: "You think I'm lying, but one side of you thinks I'm telling the truth, and you're hurt that I didn't tell you when you considered me as your friend." I said. "Woah." Winter said. "Why didn't you tell me about it?" "I thought you would hate me!" I cried. "No, I wouldn't if you told me in the first place, and now I DO hate you because you were hiding it and using it to spy on my thoughts!" He yelled. "No, you don't hate me, you're just hurt and you're already feeling guilty of what you said." I replied calmly. Winter stormed away. Uh-oh, I pissed the most popular guy in school off.