𝟑. 𝐛𝐞𝐚𝐜𝐡 𝐧𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐫𝐮𝐧𝐬

"I thought we were here to run," Jackson empathised on the run cause that was clearly what John and Lucy hadn't been doing.

"Oh, yes, we are. We just need a little more warm-up than you both do."  John explains and Zara narrows her eyes as her and jackson still jogged.

"You look great though." Lucy admits.

"Okay, you think you're cute, but the jobs a marathon. And im not gonna be the one who falls by the wayside because i didn't train." He declares before running forward and putting his airpods in.

"Neither am i." Zara huffs before rushing closer to jackson trying to keep up with him.

"Looking good! You're a beast! both of you!" John calls out and Lucy adds a lie onto his sentence. "We're right behind you."

Sea gulls cried in the distance as Jackson and Zara jogged besides one another casually glancing at the beautiful beach surrounding them.

<<<<>>>>

"Don't torture, brown that much." Sergeant grey yelled after Bradford who had just left his office chuckling at his words.

Cheers and applause were heard as Tim stepped foot into the room for roll-call. He shook a few peoples hands, kind of annoyed by this but also loving the attention.

He then walked over to his new seat next to his three friends seeing a pillow on chair.

He took his pen and jammed it into the blue thing. The air hissed right before Grey entered the room ready for his every morning speech.

"All right, all right, all right. Settle down, settle down."

The watch commander managed to get the crowd under control as chairs scraped against the floor.

"Let's get to it. You ready, Officer Nolan? Cause once again, we start with you."

"Im flattered." John assured but Wade immediately shut him down. "Don't be. Yesterday, a four-man crew disguised as zombies knocked over a cash advance near Pico and Robertson."

While he spoke he gave some paper sheets around.

"So, Officers Bishop and Nolan were able to apprehend two of the criminals while the other two escaped. Somehow, Officer Nolan managed to let a civilian steal 10 grand in already stolen cash. Luckily, CCTV captured out thief. Still waiting on an I.D."

"Uh, he plays guitar, if that helps." Nolan adds and Grey chuckles. "Absolutely. Cause they always list special talents on your rap sheet."

People began laughing, then a knock was heard.

Anderson enters the room immediately greeted by Sergeant Grey. "Captain. How can we help you?"

"First off, i wanted to welcome Tim Bradford back. If you need anything, let me know." she begins and tim nods.

"Yes, ma'am."

"Secondly, we just got some new intel on our zombies. Turns out that they're responsible for a rash of armed robberies in the last six months, always disguised differently. Detectives want to get the two in custody to flip on their partners at large, but there is no guard, so don't stop hunting. Finally, we got a request for a civil standby. Turns out somebody's getting fired from a tech job. Supervisor's worried things may not go right."

"Babysitting a termination a patrol officers favourite assignment. So, who shall i bless with it?"

Nolan raised his hand already making peace with it.

"Officer Nolan, are you volunteering?"

"Just embracing the inevitable, sir."

During the conversation in the front of the room. Angela, Tim and Ryan throw pitied glances at Talia who roles her eyes.