𝟖. 𝐢𝐧𝐣𝐮𝐫𝐞𝐝 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐬

Nolan grunts as he was thrown onto the ground by Lucy. They all were in the training room of the department after their shift had ended.

"You're holding back." An out of breath lucy exclaims.

"I wish i was." he grunted again as he got up. "Okay." she mutters getting ready to fight him again.

He steps forward ready to attack but she steps backwards making him fall to ground with a thud.

"I could watch this all day. And now i can." Jackson laughs as he films the fight.

"Are you recording this?" Nolan asks and Jackson suppresses his laughter trying to come up with an excuse.

"Uh, yeah, just for, uh, teaching purposes."

"Alright, focus." Lucy explains and he sighs heavily still in pain from getting thrown around like a ball.

She strode forward and he grabbed her tackling her to the ground. "Ooh! There you go! Nice takedown, Nolan."

John lied on top of lucy their faces inches apart. "Thanks." he muttered.

Zara looked away as she ate her sandwich. Much to romantic.

The two stayed in that position for a while and Jackson turned towards her with a knowing gaze.

Her jaw dropped as she mouthed a "You know as well?"

He rolled his eyes nodding before Nolan stands up and helps the woman on the floor.

"Lucky move."

<<<<>>>>

"You did the right thing, letting them find Isabel's drugs." Zara says calmly as her T.O's is writing tickets or a report.

"They weren't hers. She's in this situation because she let herself get taken advantage of." he claims, stopping his writing while he speaks.

"Do you really believe that?" she asks and it was silent, before anyone could say anything the computer began to beep.

"It's an officer-involved shooting. It's Nolan." she whispers the end of her sentence and then glances at her T.O. just for him to stare back at her.

<<<<>>>>

Tim and Zara entered the station, he opened the door and held it for her as they walked inside.

Ryan, Lucy, Angela and Jackson already there.

The brunette couldn't believe what was happening, she pitied the man. It wasn't his fault, right?

She followed after Tim bumping into him. "Sorry." she muttered as she tried to get her thoughts together.

He responded nothing and instead took her hand leading her to a more private area to discuss matters.

"Something's wrong." he begins and she sighs. "No, im fine." she answers cutting him off.

She didn't want to talk about it.

"Stop lying."

"Im not, as i said im fine. Nothings wrong im just a little shaken up from the entire Nolan situation nothing else."

He didn't believe her, he just acted along.

He nodded his head.

<<<<>>>>

"How would you characterise Officer Nolan?" Detective Barrett asked Brown.

"Officer Nolan is one of the kindest people i've met. Back at the academy, when everyone was stressing over the tests he'd stay up late to help you study even if that meant that he'll fail as well."