𝟏𝟏. 𝐟𝐢𝐫𝐬𝐭 𝐝𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐝𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐥𝐲 𝐧𝐞𝐞𝐝𝐥𝐞𝐬

Zara and Tim sat across from each other in the restaurant, both smiling nervously as they sipped on their drinks and exchanged small talk.

It was weird, the two knew that but no one wanted to actually start a real conversation so they in silence were drinking their drinks.

Suddenly, Tim took a deep breath and mustered the courage to ask Zara about her day.

"What was it like with captain?"

She let out a deep breath.

"Well, she got punched because i ducked and for a few seconds i feared i would lose my job." she responded and he chuckled at her dramatic words.

"How was it like getting skunked?" she teased and he rolled his eyes at her playful jab, deciding to reciprocate the teasing.

"Getting skunked wasn't nearly as eventful as your encounter with the captain." he replied with a grin, happy to engage in the ban.

The two began staring at each other, their eyes not leaving the other's gaze as the tension between them began to create a shift in the atmosphere.

"Why was it weird before?" she asked him suddenly. He didn't know what to say and she continued talking then. "Over the past months we've eaten together hundreds of times, what makes this so different?"

"Because our other meals only held the promise of being shot at afterwards and not naked time, eh."

Her jaw would've probably dropped.

She had to bite her lip to stop herself from laughing. "Naked time?" she couldn't of held her laughter for longer.

He shrugged and then the two broke into laughters. "Please, I mean we have seen plenty of naked people after we ate." she claims.

"Yeah, but-but thats not." he began but was interrupted by her speaking up and placing her hand on his upper bicep.

Damn he had muscles.

"I know i know."

she removed her hand, way to fast for his or her likening.

"I feel like i-i, i might just need you to reset your expectations a little bit." she announces while he leans back in his seat.

"You're not gonna see me naked for a while. I mean i just don't wanna rush into that. I wanna take things slow, this date, a second date, have our real first kiss as people who aren't co-workers. I just don't think we should jump into bed together just because we've known each other for a few months. I mean do you?"

He smiled at her words, even though her saying that was pretty sudden but he didn't mind.

"Yeah, i do." he agreed and she smiled back, their staring began again.

Well, that was what was happening right before the door of the restaurant opened.

Tims gaze left her to check who entered. He looked like a dear caught in headlights before he saw that it wasn't anyone known to him.

Her eyes followed his.

"Are you scared that someone from me the station will come in?" she asks in disbelief.

He immediately shakes his head.

"No, no, no."

She raises her eyebrows at him, her intensive stare making him
gulp.

The restaurant door shuts behind the stranger as Tim tries to compose himself before responding to her piercing gaze.

"It's fine." she reassures , placing her hand on his.