𝟏𝟎. 𝐬𝐞𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐧

"What story?" Lucy asked as her, zara and jackson just entered the department getting ready for the shift.

"Heyy! Zara, Jackson and Lucy this is-" Nolan begins his introduction not knowing they were friends already.

"Henry!"

"What's up, bro?"

"Hey! Nice to see you."

Everyone hugged the guest and Nolan looked flabbergasted. "You guys know my son?" he asks.

"Yeah, on, uh. social media." Jackson answers. "Yeah, i-i followed them after you guys started hanging out together at the academy. They followed me back." Henry explains the story and johns jaw hangs low.

"You know what? That photo you posted earlier from the plane was horrifying." Lucy starts.

"Dude, i literally almost puked." Jackson announces and Zara grimaces.

"Thanks for that." Brown huffs as she remembers Jackson almost puking onto her when seeing the picture.

"okay the guy in the next aisle over straight up cleaned his dentures on the tray table."

"Gross." lucy mutters.

"It was bad." Henry finishes.

"Wait, how come you didn't tell me you were friends with my son on the Insta thing?" John asks.

"Well, it didn't seem like a big deal." Lucy answers.

"Yeah. It's 2019, dad. Get with the times."

Jackson chuckled before speaking up. "Yeah. Dad."

Everyone laughed, even though it wasn't funny.

"That was a good one."

"yeah."

<<<<>>>>

"Alright. Look alive, look alive. Officer Nolan, you ready?" The sergeant spoke, looking at the oldest rookie in the room.

"yes, sir."

"Good. Now, answer me this. What is your favourite part about the job? And don't say "to make a difference.""

"I wasn't going to. But it is." Nolan answers gulping at his own words. "Whats your least favourite?"

"Oh, thats easy. Paperwork."

"Imagine how i feel." Captain Andersen announced her presence in the room as she just entered in her uniform, instead of normal clothes.

Officers began murmuring but it quickly died down when she spoke up again. "Alright. Most of what a captain does is paperwork. Cause of that, i feel like i've lost touch with what being a cop is really about. People. It's not only the citizens that we serve and protect. It's every single one of you in this room. So, to remedy that, I've decided that Sergeant Grey and I are gonna ride patrol today."

"Together?" Tim asks.

"No. We're each gonna ride with a rookie, and their respective T.O.s will pair up." Andersen answers.

"Ma'am, i'd be honoured if you'd ride with me." Jackson says and Wade lets out a laugh.

"That is sweet, Officer West, but today im riding with Officer Brown." Zara looked up at the woman clearly shocked.

"Sergeant Grey, i'd be honoured if you rode with Officer West today." Nolan states making the four rookies chuckle.

"That's cute, Officer Nolan. But you know my heart belongs to you." Wade says, everyone in the room started laughing while John looked around, clearly defeated.