Heartache: The Storm After The Sunshine.

"And I know, you're a part of me, And it's your song that sets me free. I sing it while I feel I can't hold on. I sing tonight cause it comforts me. I'm glad he set you free from sorrow, I'll still love you more tomorrow, And you will be here with me still."  In Loving Memory - Alter Bridge.

*******************************************************************

*Lexie’s POV*

“Zayn, we’ve been driving for more than an hour! Where the hell are we going?” I whined. We’ve been driving aimlessly around the suburban of London for over an hour, and Zayn still hasn’t decided where to go.

“I don’t know, babe,” He shrugged, one of his arms slinging effortlessly over the steering wheel and his other hand interlacing with mine, “Let’s just see where the car takes us.”

“I hope it’s somewhere nice and paparazzi free.” I sighed.

“Yeah, probably Manchester. What do you think?” Zayn glanced over to me. My eyes went wide open as panic started taking over me. How could he ever think about taking me back to Manchester.

“What?! No! We can’t..Zayn! No!” I blabbed, panicking.

“Calm down, baby. We won’t go.” Zayn chuckled.

“How could you?!” I yelled, tears stinging my eyes.

“Baby, I-I’m sorry. I was just joking.” His faced dropped as I yanked my hand away from his. His face turned worried as he looked at me. He tried to hold my hand again, but I pulled mine away.

“Don’t touch me.” I angrily said, tears rolling down my face. Zayn grabbed the steering wheel tighter, and his jaw clenched as he returned his gaze back to the road. I turned my face and looked outside the window. I must have spaced out, because the next thing I knew was the car stopped moving.

I looked back at Zayn, his grasp loosened around the wheel as he sighed and opened his door. He stepped out, coming to my side and opening the door. He held his hand out for me to take it, but I kept looking at it. I was not moving, nothing, just staring at it like it was the most interesting thing in the world. 

A minute later, when I realized that his hand was going nowhere, I sighed lightly as I unbuckled my seatbelt. Zayn knelt down to the ground, holding my hands in both of his. He brought them up to his lips and planted a soft kiss on them before he stood up and pulled me with him.

I lay against the car as Zayn brushed my hair of my face with his hand and wiped away my tears with his thumb.

“I’m so sorry, baby,” he sighed, “I swear I didn’t mean to hurt you. I was just...” another sigh, “I acted irrationally, and I’m really sorry. It won’t ever happen again.” He squeezed my hand and looked at me. I stared in his eyes; I always tend to forget how many feelings his eyes give me. I always tend to forget how much I love him. Maybe I hated Manchester, maybe I will feel hurt and mad if I went there, but Zayn won’t ever leave my side, and I was willing to go through hell and back with him. 

I stared at him. His breathing steady, and his eyes sparkling but with regret. 

“I know, baby. I overreacted, and I’m sorry, too,” it was my turn to sigh now, “I just hate that place and out of all people you are the one who knows most.” 

“I spoke before thinking, and it will never happen again, I promise.” Zayn sincerely said as he cupped my face with his hand. I closed my eyes, laying my head on the palm of his hand.

“I love you, Zayn. I love you more than anything.” I said.

“I love you, too, baby.” He replied before he leaned down and kissed me. Not for the sole reason of pleasure, but it was because he wanted me to make sure that he does. But I knew. I knew he does.