53-54

In the training ground, He lisa. had already strung her bow slowly.

But having nothing was actually better than being blind. For without sight, one could hear everything in the world even more clearly.

During the time when she was blind, she had experienced moments of despair. A blind person faced many inconveniences in the world, even taking care of oneself became a challenge. But she had always been determined, compensating for her ordinary aptitude with diligence. However, in an instant, the disaster befell her, wiping away all her efforts, turning even her "ordinary" aptitude into mere illusion.

It wasn't exactly a comforting statement, but for some reason, it had stuck in her mind. She practiced doing things without relying on her eyes, and often thought about being "the most unique among the blind."

She wasn't sure if she truly was the "most" unique, but she was different from the usual blind person. She could take care of herself, even taking care of others. She practiced swordsmanship behind her maidservants' backs, threw dice, played pranks, and secretly carried a slingshot used by children. She even sneaked out to hunt birds.

Being blind, compared to other blind people, she wasn't living a bad life.

Everything she could do when she was blind, she could still do now, even without relying on her eyes. She was just temporarily returning to that period of time.

A bird chirped in alarm as the arrow struck it, plummeting rapidly to the ground. The green feathered arrow was adorned with a yellow cloth strip tied around the young girl's eyes, creating a brilliant contrast.

He lisa reached out and removed the blindfold from her eyes. She didn't even look at where the arrow had landed on the ground, as if she had already known that it would hit its target. She handed the cloth strip to san and said with a smile, "Your turn."

Silence fell over the surroundings. san didn't reach out to take the blindfold from her.

His words were part frustration and part admiration. He was frustrated that he had lost to He lisa, losing face in front of everyone. But he was also admitting that he couldn't do what He lisa had just done – shooting blindfolded. Even if he started learning now, there was no guarantee he would do better than He lisa.

One has to admit one's shortcomings.

The new recruits finally snapped out of their stupor. Instead of cheering and applauding, they began to wail in despair. One voice lamented, "My dry bread, I lost it! How miserable!"

Another voice joined in, "I'm even worse off. I bet ten pieces and lost it all!"

Soon, the sounds of lamentation echoed through the entire training ground. Despite having bambam and the other two backing He lisa's dry biscuits, the gains and losses offset each other, leaving them with nothing.

Just then, a delighted voice broke through the commotion, "Ah! I won! I bet ten pieces of dried meat. Haha, I knew it, I, Cheng jimin, have always had a good eye for judging people!"

In a flash, Cheng jimin darted over to He lisa's side, looking at her with shining eyes. He said, "Uh, Brother He lisa, thanks to you, I finally won for once. You don't know, in the capital, I'm no good at anything. I'm not skilled in literature or martial arts, and I even lose money every time I go to the gambling house. Today is the first time I've won. Brother He lisa, I must become sworn brothers with you. Today is our day of brotherhood, and I want to invite you for a drink!"

Cough, cough, Liang Ping pressed his fist against his lips and said, "Drinking alcohol is not allowed in the camp."

"Then I'll invite you for tea!" Cheng jimin held He lisa's hand, his gaze towards her like he had found a long-lost relative, radiating genuine warmth.