222-223

222: Separation

Xu Mansion, at night, someone stayed and lit an oil lamp.

The mattress beside him was empty, and Xu Hanbin stayed in the study again tonight.

He Xinying walked to the table, picked up an outer garment and put it on her body, looking at the beating wick in the oil lamp with a complicated expression.

I don't know when, there seems to be an invisible barrier between her and Xu Hanbin. To be precise, after the last palace banquet, Xu Hanbin became extraordinarily weird. Later, she met Wu'an Hou He Lisa, who had the same name and surname as her eldest sister, at Yuhua Temple. Soon after returning to the mansion, He Rufei came to visit her. It is not so much a visit as a temptation.

Some things, once there are signs of doubt, you can't let it go. He Xinying could feel that there was a big secret hidden in the Xu family. It might be related to her dead eldest sister, or... it might also be related to the He family.

She was standing in front of the window, Shuojing's winter was extremely cold, and on such a cold night, everyone went back to the house to sleep. He Xinying looked at the bare branches outside the window, thought for a long time, finally put on a cloak, picked up an oil lamp, and went out of the house.

She moved very lightly, walked carefully, and did not disturb others. The night watchman of the Xu family stayed outside the main courtyard and would not come in. The light of the oil lamp was very dim, and he could barely illuminate the road under her feet. He Xinying walked to an abandoned yard in the dark.

This deserted courtyard is the courtyard where her eldest sister He Lisa once lived. Even after He Lisa died, Xu Hanbin still kept the original appearance of the courtyard. The last time He Xinying was here, she saw Xu Hanbin who was frantically searching for the drawer cabinet. She was discovered before she could see what Xu Hanbin was looking for. This time, there was no one around at the moment, she wanted to see one look.

Although the yard is not occupied now, the snow in the yard has been swept clean. She walked to He Lisa's house, the room was not locked, and the door opened with a light push.

He Xinying walked in.

There was an old musty smell in the room. It was cold and humid. He Xinying was slightly surprised. Didn't Xu Hanbin always miss her elder sister? But if you really miss the eldest sister, why is this room not cleaned, and dust is everywhere, as if no one has set foot in it for a long time and avoided it.

He Xinying looked around with the oil lamp.

This is a woman's boudoir. There is a shelf in front of it. There are only some inexpensive vase decorations. There is a small table in the middle, covered with a thick layer of dust. The tea cup and the teapot are even knotted. The cobweb. Further inside is a big wooden bed, which looks cleaner by comparison, covered with a thin blanket. This room looked deserted and empty, not as warm and delicate as the boudoir of an ordinary daughter's house. As soon as he came in, he felt coldness rushing toward his face.

Even though he was in the He family before, He Lisa married soon after he came back to live, but the boudoir before the marriage was carefully arranged. If this is the house where He Lisa lived in Xu's family, and this house retains the original appearance of He Lisa's life, then He Xinying thought to herself, her eldest sister who died prematurely, I am afraid she will live in the He family. Not as happy as the rumors.

If it's because you are blind, you shouldn't put too many sundries in the house to avoid tripping the master, but the furnishings and utensils here are all shabby and perfunctory. There is nothing to relieve boredom. A blind man lives alone in such a big house. If he were himself, he would have been driven mad.