Introduction

Pakhi's pov:

I found myself staring at our wall randomly for half an hour, all the entertaining authors were publishing their books with interesting titles, everyone around just enjoying their lives except me maybe you guess it, it's my exam time. I find everything interesting except  studies. Right now I am crying and cursing myself for the late preparations. Now I need to study again

Author's pov: Pakhi is preparing really hard for her exam because it's a board exam her father's name is Faruk Islam and her mother's name is Mahira Rahman. They both are respected people in the city.

Pakhi goes to her exam for HSC ( 12th board exam ) . She is preparing really well for her exam but still she is stressed out because it's her HSC she is studying to become an Architect but her parents are not happy because they want her to become a doctor and always find a way to taunt her for a her choice of profession. But Pakhi knows about her dream, she is fighting for it. Her father is a professor of an Art college.

The exam hall:

Pakhi: ( in mind) oh God! Please give me strength I prepared so hard for this.

Her classmates were screaming her nickname "Dumbo" she also gets bullied by her teachers with that name. She also wears glasses that people found ugly and also called her "chashmish" to make fun of her.

She silently gives her last exam and becomes the last person to come out of the class . Her classmates were laughing at her .

Classmates: Ohh our dumbo finally finished her exam .

Pakhi: ( scared but smiling) Yes, now can I go?

Classmates: No!! ( They started to laugh )

Pakhi: Why?!!

Classmates: ( ignoring her questions) What do you want to study in college?

Pakhi: ( nervous) Architect.

Classmates: ( laughing) Do you ever know what is the meaning of Architect. If she makes a home it will surely fall and break.

Pakhi: ( nervous) I will try my best to do my work properly inshallah!

Classmates: Yes, dumbo first see the world with your own eyes.

Just then they started to break her glasses, she tries to stop them , screams and cries but they take her glasses and start to run, Pakhi runs behind them and falls on the mud, they again laugh and throw her glasses.

Pakhi was walking on the road , seeing everything almost blurry but she heard the aunties of her society,

Aunty: Look this spoiled girl again came with her dirty clothes, her parents don't teach her anything.

Pakhi was feeling really bad not for herself but for her parents still she was scared to stand up for them. She was walking slowly because of her vision so everyone was looking at her so much, many were laughing too.

Pakhi came home feeling super scared , her parents rushed,

Her mom: ( angrily) What happened? You again played on the mud?!?!!

Her dad: ( more angry) Ohh God! It's your fault just tell me to fulfill her all wishes.

Pakhi: Sorry!

Her mom: Where is your glasses?

Pakhi: It got broken .

Her mom: Wow again you broke your glasses in a month.

Her dad: We should punish her by not giving her any glasses.

Her mom: Yes, you don't deserve our love and care . Now tell us why is your clothes are dirty?

Pakhi:( control her crying) I accidentally fall on mud.

Her dad:( sarcastic) You always do everything accidentally.

She holds her hand tightly and said " sorry" again rushes to the bathroom . Pakhi opens bathroom's water tap and cries so much. Then sleeps after having her lunch.

Her mom phone calling her aunt.

OTP:

Her mom: Ooh sister, you don't know this burden, now she wants to become an Architect.

Her aunt: Mahira, listen this generation children are all so spoiled, you can't trust them. Architect is a piece of cake, so easy . Just make her a doctor.

Her mom: sister, her IQ is less than a 4 years old's. She doesn't even know how to balance, just broke her glasses again and fall on the mud.

Her aunt: IQ is nothing just send her to Medical college she will manage just make her give the admission exam.

Her mom: She is so dumb , everyone will taunt us if she don't get selected so it's good if we support that Architect thing. I advise you please find a man who has a government job for her marriage. Just after her college graduation, I don't want to see her home.

Her aunt: Yes, I will find but a government officer who will not marry her in just 100k dowery, arrange more to make this failure to get married!

This is how she is to her mom . Also she is not at all a daddy's princess like you read in a rom-com.
Her dad always wanted to have a son but when she was born, he was secretly disappointed but her mom can't have more children because of health problem and life risk. Pakhi's dad was feeling super disappointed and started to give silent treatment to her mom thinking it as her fault that Mahira can't carry more children. Also he ignores his daughter like it's her fault too.