Purnima

Pakhi was remembering the bad things suddenly,

Her dad: So you know now how many hours will be your lecture?

We all know Pakhi spends her four hours in bathroom so she decided to lie,

Pakhi: Actually today we have project so I need to stay there for 4 hours more otherwise it's only 4 hours for the lecture.

Her dad: Okay. Actually Pakhi, your room doesn't have a AC so we bought one for you.

Pakhi: But dad I don't need AC, If I need it then I will come to your room. I can sleep with my fan.

Pakhi's body is really thin because of her ED (but her parents are not aware of her ED problem they blame her by saying she is just a picky eater) so she always feels cold and have cold problem.

Her mom: Not for you. You know about your cousin Purnima , she will going to live with us for a year.

Pakhi was feeling really surprised but happy at the same time. Because she loves to spend time with kids even loves them.

Pakhi: What? This is really amazing. I am so happy. But why? I mean I am happy but I need to know the reason.

Her mom: Actually Purnima's father wants to start a business. They trust us the most so they will leave their daughter to us.

Pakhi's pov:

I know how useless Purnima is feeling because her own parents want her settled with her relatives for a whole year. And I know this feeling because I also go through a similar kind of treatment by my parents when I need them for the best time of my life, one of the biggest trauma they gave me is when they used to leave me at my relatives house but guess what? I used to get really ill treatment there but it's not going to happen with Purnima she will inshallah get love and care by me.
End of Pakhi's pov.

Pakhi: We will love and care for Purnima in her parents absence don't worry, inshallah.

Her dad: Very good my girl! Purnima inshallah will shift in a week so be prepared.

Pakhi: Okay, dad.

A week passed Pakhi was doing good at her studies still everything is really difficult for her but she was practicing so hard for her studies. After a week it was holiday and Purnima is going to come in hours. So Pakhi was preparing for everything like decorating the house for Purnima. Even help her mom to prepare foods. Pakhi never had a sibling but she is wishing for one since she has the ability to understand the world. Even now for loneliness she wants a sibling which she will get in the form of Purnima. Purnima is 12 years old, a straight forward girl with curly hair, fair skin and a tomboy who is somewhere between the youngest Gen z and oldest Gen alpha and wants everyone to refer her as Gen z. Our Pakhi is also a Gen z but she doesn't act like those stereotypical Gen z kids shown in memes and comedy videos. I think the thing that makes you a Gen z is not your generation or age it's your money. Because people with lots of money and have cool parents can act like those stereotypical Gen z, what our dear Pakhi can't do because of her strict parents and middle class lifestyle.

But Purnima is a straight forward girl with so much pain in her heart after her parents are going to abounding her for a year.

Now our dear Purnima arrives. She wasn't feeling bad feeling bad that her parents were leaving her because it become quite normal for her because this is her third time in a relatives house. Pakhi wants to help Purnima in a new environment but Purnima wants to adjust by herself by her own. One thing Pakhi noticed is that Purnima is really quite as a child.

Pakhi's dad: Don't worry brother, Purnima will be so happy in our house.

Purnima's dad: Of course Faruk. I trust you and your family.

Purnima's mom: Our daughter is a little rude please don't feel bad if she ever says something bad please don't mind and forgive her.

Pakhi's mom: (Sister in laws) bhabi, Don't worry, any fool can mind by a cute little girl's words.

Everyone started to laugh and joke. Meanwhile Pakhi tries to spend time with Purnima. But Purnima was ignoring her and just goes to her sleep.
Purnima's parents leave without even waking her up. Pakhi goes to sleep for a new day with a big fear that she forgot in the happiness of Purnima's arrival.