ch. 01

Nothingness

It was all around me

Just dark

Quiet ringing in my ear

Suddenly, a light

It wasn't there before

The nothingness turns into a dark tunnel

Light at the end of the tunnel

As i get closer, the ringing gets louder. The bright light hurting my eyes. It was shaped like a rectangle, or a door, but without the door handle.

But

Something was telling me i can go through it without a handle.

I get closer

And closer

The loud ringing piercing through my ears, it was almost painful

I hesitate but still go through the light.

The ringing finally stops.

The other side feels weird, the feeling was just....

Weird

But peaceful

Like everything bad had disappeared

It wasn't as dark.

This tunnel was narrow. The dark grey walls were illuminated from nowhere. There seemed to be something in the distance. A silhouette of something or someone.

I was walking closer, finally seeing the ground and where im stepping at. The silence was uncomfortable. I expected my steps to echo.

But there was only silence.

"I'm sorry"

I stopped

Looked around, there is no one here.

Just me

Something urged me to continue.

It's like I'm not controlling my own body.

"Walk"

I want to look around again. I feel someone watching me.

Like there is someone behind me, controlling me.

I'm walking closer and closer, the silhouette was getting clearer. It looked like a statue

"Faster"

I try to keep calm.

After what felt like an eternity i finally get to the statue.

It was a man, naked, one leg on top of what seemed like a small dragon. Like he was celebrating the dragons defeat.

In one hand he held a small pair of metal wings. The other a spear. Probably the weapon he used to kill the dragon.

He had a metal headband with wings. A snake was wrapped around his torso, its head poking out on his head. He also had weird tiny animal heads poking out of his upper abdomen. Two goats with a lion in the middle. And i swear, i see two faces next to his, like if they were poking out of his left and right side of the head.

The snake is looking right at me, blinking once. How could it be alive?
For some reason my hand decides to reach for it. It looks at my and then at me. The snake moves a little closer.

I put my hand right in front of its nose. 'this is a dumb idea' i pull my hand back slowly to not scare the snake. Suddenly, it opens its mouth and bites my hand, i Immediately black out.

I wake up sweating. I quickly sit up, breathing heavily.
"Fuck, what was that"
It's like i could feel the pain where it bit me. I put my face in my hands, trying to steady my breathing.

I get out of bed, it's early, but it's useless to go to bed again. I would have woken up in an hour anyway. I should just get ready for training camp

I go to the bathroom to wash my face.
The cold water was comforting.

But

Why did i have this dream, again?
This is the sixth tine this month. I don't understand it. My brain must be out of ideas. Though each dream i go a little further. I don't remember what exactly happened last dream but i know it was a little bit different.

I know this is the first time i could hear a voice. I don't recognise it but it sounds a bit familiar.

But that feeling is a thing I can't forget. The weird peaceful feeling i get every time it happens. The uncomfortable silence.

Sigh

Spring break is in a week.

I just have to make it through the training camp. Thank god it's only for 4 days.