❁Chapter Six❁

MARIA

After staying up way too late at Katy's house, we finally woke up for breakfast at 11. The night consisted of face masks, silly reality shows, and ended with the usual bickering of Constance and Katy.

The To-Do-List was a half success. We thought of good things. But I have no idea how I'm supposed to find somebody to ask out, kiss and receive a hickey from. A HICKEY. How am I supposed to do it. I'm already shaking with nerves.

"Goodmorning." I say when I notice the other two are laying down on the phones and were clearly waiting for me to wake up. Not my fault these two are crazy and keep me up way past the time I normally fall asleep. Usually I wake up early, but that's when I fall asleep around 11 not 4am like these crazies.

"Good Morning sleepy head. Want breakfast?" Katy asks me and suddenly I am hungry so I nod while rubbing my eyes awake.

We all walk out to the kitchen when we find Katy's twin brother putting down plates of homemade waffles. Usually when I sleep over to Katy's he has his friends over as well and they sleep in until way after I'm gone. I'm not used to seeing him in the morning. And he made all of us waffles? I never knew Kieran was like this.

Suddenly I'm embarrassed for the way I look, my curly hair in a mess from sleep and my eyes puffy. I'm still wearing my night dress which I am even more embarrassed about. I wasn't expecting to see him. I hold my arms around my bodice while walking to the table.

"Kieran, you didn't have to do this!" Katy exclaims to her brother.

He shrugs, "I was up anyways."

He sits across from me and I can't help but stare at his freckled face and messy brown hair. He's very tall, but that isn't saying much because I am very short. If he wasn't Katy's brother, I would find him cute. But Katy is very protective about him. Plus, he would never like a girl like me. Him and his friends love a girl like Constance, the perfect blond. Connie would scare me if she wasn't such an amazing friend and girl in general. He catches my stare and I look away immediately.

It was nice of him to make us breakfast, he didn't seem like a guy who would. I guess I only know the party version of him, where he is drunk and being an idiot with his friends. But he must be nicer than I thought him in my head.

"How was your night ladies?" He asks all of us.

Katy answers for us; "We're going skinny dipping."

He stopped chewing his food and looked confused. "What?"

"What Katy means to say is that we made a list. It's like a To-Do-List of 12 things to do before we graduate, we figured that there were things we haven't done together. One of them is Skinny Dipping." Constance explains to him. She always looks perfect all the time, even with her hair messy from sleep and bags under her eyes. Kieran still looks at her and licks his lips.

"So something you've always wanted to do was go... Skinny dipping?" He questions.

"Well no, not exactly. It's just a list of things to accomplish." Katy answers.

"And we made them a little scandalous that's all." Connie adds.

"What else is in this To-Do-List?" He asks. I don't say anything. I sit at the kitchen table in silence.

Katy runs into her room back in the hallway and runs out with the clipboard in hand. Oh no. Kieran is now going to see all the embarrassing things I have to do. When Katy passes him the list, he reads through it. HIs brows furrow.

"Kiss somebody new? That's nothing. I was expecting you guys to do crazier things than this." He says.

"Well we didn't want to go that crazy, Maria never had her first kiss." Katy says. Oh shit. Why would Katy say that. I can feel my face blush with embarrassment. Actually, not blush. My face goes red with embarrassment.

He looks up at me with shocked eyes, "Oh shit. Really?" I had the same reaction Kieran, the same reaction. I smile awkwardly at him and nod. He goes back to reading the list and my smile drops quickly.

"Get a hickey? Oh Katy good luck with that one!" He laughs and passes the clipboard back to katy.

"Constance made me do it! Trust me I don't want to." Katy replies. Kieran must know about her grounding. I mean they are twins after all, I'm sure they know each other's secrets.

After we all finish our food, Kieran takes our plates. When he takes mine I sheepishly say Thanks, which is the first and last thing i've said at this table. He smiles down at me.

︵‿︵‿୨♡୧‿︵‿︵

The next day comes in a flash and the weekend floats behind us. The school day also goes by quickly, usually it doesn't because of how boring the classes get without the girls. We only have one class together: Home economics, besides that the only time we really get to hang out is at lunch.

After school I walk to SeamSavvy, which is the fabric store me and my Nana run. I work there after school for a couple hours. If not, I usually stay there the entire afternoon making clothes. Or I take some fabric into my room.

I made sure to pack the flowers I bought over the weekend for Nana carefully in my bag. Once I reach the shop, I take the bouquet out of my bag and walk in.

"Cariño, you didn't have to do that." She says to me, eyeing the flowers I bought her. I embrace her in her desk chair at the front of the store. She doesn't speak the best english and her accent is hard but she always tries her best.

"Of course I had to Nana, you mean too much to me. I am going in the back to put out some fabrics." She nods to my response and I make my way to the back. Honestly, if I'm going to host a fashion show I must start as soon as I can. That is what should be working. I'll start with the designs tonight.

I already have Connie and Katy's measurements because I am making all of our prom dresses, which is something else I need to get on. I am unsure how to make a full fashion show by the end of the school year but I am determined. I am also nervous about everything the girls are making me do, but if I do it with them then it will be worth it.

My phone buzzes and it is Katy sending us a picture of the list, which is very scary to look at all together.

To-Do-List:

1. Cliff Diving

2. 24 Hour Challenge

3. Kiss Somebody New

4. Get a Tattoo

5. Go Skinny Dipping (maybe)

6. Wear onesies to school

7. Ask somebody out in public

8. Host a Maria Fashion Show

9. Take a Mexican Dance Class

10. Go on the Leviathan

11. Get a hickey

12. Host the biggest Grad party

What have I gotten myself into?