❁Chapter Seven❁

KATY

This entire week has consisted of anxiety and excitement for what's to come. Coming up with the list made me realize how well we all work together. Beautiful things happen with the right people.

We plan on starting our list this weekend at my house, the designated party house. Kieran said that we will plan the a huge party this weekend. That's when we will have the opportunity to start something.

Me and Kieran haven't started planning yet and it's Wednesday. We should probably start on that.

I'm sitting extremely bored in Biology class, hiding my phone under my desk as I scroll through instagram. I come across Constance's instagram, she posted this morning. It's a picture of her studying Math from last night, coffee in hand. This is obviously set up, she would never study. She never needs too, she can get an A on a test without evening looking at the questions.

I continue scrolling when I come across a girl with strawberry blond hair and dark lipstick; which doesn't suit her at all. I hold my scoff and eye roll. I can't even stand to look at her.

Her name is Chelsea, Chelsea Shaw aka the backstabbing bitch. Who knew that one day we would be volleyball teammates and the next she would ruin my life.

Derek, my ex who won't stop texting, cheated on me. With Chelsea. And of course she knew we were together, I wouldn't stop talking about how great he was to the team. I guess she wanted to find out for herself.

When I confronted her, she said I was the problem. I was the one who never did enough and I was controlling and crazy....

WHAT THE FUCK. Not once was I controlling, maybe a little crazy but that's just who I am.

I don't even know why I am still following her so I click on her profile to unfollow. That's when I noticed her profile picture, which is a selfie of her and Derek in front of Canada's Wonderland sign. Are they dating? I scroll through her pictures, which are typical selfies and clothes pictures. Similar to Constance, but Connie has MUCH more followers. They can't even compete.

Chelsea has picture after picture with Derek either caressing her or in the background. On one of them at a party together, the caption reads: Me and hubby enjoying a night out. I nearly gag, actually I think I do. Hubby? I thought that couples only called each-other that in movies and books.

Are they officially together? He literally cheated on me. I can't believe this is happening right now.

"Katy, do I have your full attention?" A voice crackly beams at me. I quickly turn off my phone and look up, completely startled. My sudden movement makes one of my braids smack me in the face. It's Ms. Vanz, my Biology teacher who stopped talking about penises to announce to the entire class that I am on my phone. As if everyone else isn't, and if they are they are certainly blasting music through their AirPods. She continues, "If I see you on your phone one more time it stays on my desk."

"I was checking the time" I lie.

"There's literally a clock right above my head." She points her meter stick above her. Well, that wasn't very smart of me. Without saying anything I slowly lay my phone on my desk with a tight smile.

My leg shakes. The urge to text my friends about the Derek status update is far too great.

The bell finally rings and I run out the door, we'll speed walk or Ms. Vanz will murder me. Lunch time means finally being able to find my friends and hangout with them after a long four classes.

Once I reach the cafeteria, I find both Connie and Maria already waiting in line. I join them while they're in the midst of a conversation. Something about Pineapple juice? I'm not quite sure. Either way I interrupt immediately.

"I have new." I say to them.

"Have you finally learned your manners?" Connie beams at me sarcastically and I hit her in the arm.

"Tell us!" Maria urges.

"New Derek status update."

"What the hell does that mean?" Constance says, eyebrows furrow in confusion.

I lean in, "Derek has gone public with Chelsea"

"No!" Maria gasps.

"That bitch-face!!" Connie says a little too loud which draws stares from everybody else in the waiting line.

"Yeah and she called him "hubby"" I say disgusted.

"Ew, I thought that only happened in fiction" Maria says crinkling her nose.

"That's what I said!" I say exasperated and wave my hands in the air.

"You blocked her right?" Constance asks.

"I was about too when Ms. Vanz decided to call me out." I laugh, Miss should know me by now. I'm not great at obeying the rules. "Maria can you get me a Chicken rap? I'm going to sit with Kieran and plan for the party this weekend. For some reason we haven't started that yet. You guys okay with that?"

"Yeah of course!" Connie says, picking out her debit card as we inch closer to the counter.

Maria nods and I pass her 5 dollars. I then make my way over to the guys table, and as I get closer I can smell the manse AXE body spray. If the party consists of all those kinds of people then maybe I really don't wanna go.

I make my way towards my brothers table, filled with the soccer boys making a fuss of themselves. I roll my eyes. Why do boys have to be so annoying?

I tap Kieran on the back and point to a free table, "Hey, I was hoping we could talk about plans for the party this weekend?"

He just nods and picks up his food to walk over to the table with me. I sit with my back to the rest of the cafeteria. 

"Did you already start planning some things?" I ask him. 

"I did, but then plans kind of changed after you told me about that stupid list you made." He shrugs. 

"What do you mean?"

"Well I was just going to have one of our normal parties but with a few extra people than normal. But now you guys have those goals to finish. I'm guessing you wanted to do something special to accomplish the list?" He explains.

"I mean, I guess." I say, truthfully. "But what would make it different? We were hoping to accomplish like one thing on the list this weekend. We aren't trying to do it all in one night."

"Yes but I mean you could host games to try and get one done. So it's not just a boring party."

He was right, we couldn't have just a boring normal party. But how could I make this one different from the rest?

"Well think about today." Kieran said. "Who are we going to invite?"

"Like everyone. Well everyone we trust of course." I take out my phone to write everyone down. Kieran and I start listing off names to send out invitations to. Including, his soccer team, the cheerleading team, the volleyball team, and whoever the girls want to invite.

"Is it true?" Kieran says, out of nowhere. I'm confused. 

"What?" I notice his gaze behind me and I turn around to follow his eyesight. He is looking at my typical table, where Constance and Maria are sitting down. 

"Maria has never kissed anyone?" He says, I swing my head back to him. 

"Never, which is surprising." I shrug. He nods in agreement, his eyes still on my table. Looking at Maria I guess. Well that's weird.