ch.11 - intertwined gazes

3rd Person's POV:

As the students settled into their schedules and returned to school, the hallways were buzzing with excitement and chatter. Groups of friends reunited and caught up on each other's lives, while others eagerly discussed the classes they had elected for the upcoming school year.

Amidst the chaos, Wave was calmly holding her schedule, scanning through it with a determined look on her face. She glanced up every now and then, taking in the diverse group of students around her. There were students of different cultures and languages, with some speaking mandarin, French, and Spanish. It was clear that this school was a melting pot of people, each with their own unique background and story.

Despite the variety of students, there was a sense of unity and excitement in the air. The students were all here for the same reason - to learn and grow. And as the minutes ticked by, the energy only grew as the school bell rang, signaling the start of the first class.

The hallways quickly filled with students rushing to their designated classrooms, creating a sea of faces and voices. But in the chaos, there was a sense of familiarity and comfort as the students settled into their routine once again.

As the students settled into their seats and chattered away, the atmosphere in the classroom was buzzing with excitement. Among the lively discussions and laughter, there was one student who seemed to stand out from the rest. She stood nervously behind the classroom doorframe, her eyes darting around the room, unsure of what to do. It was clear that this was her first day actually attending school.

Her heart was racing and her body trembling as she took in her surroundings. She had no idea how to approach her classmates or what to expect from her classes. Just as she was feeling overwhelmed and on the verge of tears, a soft voice broke through her thoughts.

"Oh, you must be Wave!" the woman's voice came from behind her. It was Ms. Bustier, her teacher. She smiled cheerfully as she recognized the same girl she had met during the school tour with Principal Damocles. Wave managed a small smile and nodded in response.

Miss Bustier stood in front of the class, her hands clasped together as she scanned the room with a warm smile. As the third bell rang, signaling the start of the school day, she waited for the students to settle down before beginning her announcement.

"Students, I would like your attention please!" her voice was gentle but firm, commanding the attention of the class. "While I am pleased to witness many of you excited to reconnect with your classmates, I have a brief announcement to share."

She cleared her throat before continuing, "Presently, a new student has joined our school during summer break and it would be wonderful if you could extend a warm welcome and treat her with kindness."

At the mention of a new student, the class began whispering and looking around in curiosity. Wave, the new student, listened carefully to what the teacher had to say, her nerves increasing at the thought of being introduced to a new class.

"Everyone, I would like you to meet Miss Waverly Mouríne!" Miss Bustier announced, gesturing towards the door. With a deep breath, Wave slowly made her way into the classroom, her hands clutching onto her schedule for comfort.

She stood next to Miss Bustier, feeling the eyes of her new classmates on her. With a shy smile, she softly waved at the students and muttered a quiet hello. Some of the students returned her greeting, while others continued to stare in curiosity.