4| Consequences

PLEASE VOTE AND COMMENT IF YOU ARE ENJOYING THE STORY. 

It was two in the afternoon when Prithviraj got the call that Shivansh was missing. That was more than enough for the king to cancel the meeting. He was the same king who never canceled a single meeting before. Maybe parental responsibility was not something he had experienced before. 

Prithviraj and the guards have been searching everywhere for the past two hours. On top of that, the boy left his phone in the cafeteria behind. Two hours. They had been madly searching everywhere for two hours. The entire city was a silent spectator of their heartless ruler's despair and fear. 

Losing a child is the biggest fear in the world. And Prithviraj was feeling it for the first time in his life. 

When they couldn't find him anywhere, they reached near the shores. Maybe... just maybe the kid came here out of curiosity. And Prithviraj almost cried in relief when he saw his kid playing on the beach with some random kids. His pants were rolled up to his knees as they played handball. Occasionally, they also pushed each other into the water. 

Shivansh was like a kid looking at his favorite toy for the first time. Beach was way much more fun than he was told. He was oblivious to the storm standing behind him, bristling in anger and fury. 

Two hours of fear, pain, and bad thoughts piled up together. All the emotions he felt in the past two hours blended to form one, strong emotion. Anger. Fury. Uncontrolled and unimaginable rage. 

The kids who were playing with him stopped when they saw the King of their kingdom standing just a meter away, glaring at them. There were numerous cars and guards surrounding their King, and they stilled in fear and apprehension. They had no idea that the boy they were playing with was the monarch's only son. 

"Kya hua? Ruk kyu gaye tum log?" Shivansh asked them curiously. But when the kids just stood silently, he followed their gaze.

He stilled seeing his father and an army of soldiers behind him. He gulped seeing the fury chained in his father's eyes. One look at his father's face and he knew he did something. The guards, police, and soldiers who accompanied his father intimidated him more than made him feel saved. 

It was at that moment he realized how powerful his father was in this world. When his father walked down a lane, an army accompanied him. Whenever he made his way to a specific place, the area would get cleared before he would reach there. Prithviraj Agnihotri was the ruler of this world. A monarch. The most respected person. 

His father was the law himself. His words became news and his decisions became the fate of the people of this world. 

Without a word, Prithviraj walked to his kid, who looked scared for a change. Only if he hadn't been such an important personality and every action of his wouldn't have been captured with different angles, he would have unleashed his fury right the moment they met. 

The man thought of all the worst possibilities when he was searching for his kid. All the bad thoughts made him die every second while searching for his child. And when he found the kid, he was playing with strangers on the beach. He never felt so furious before. 

"Baba, aap yaha..." Shivansh dared to ask him but Prithviraj didn't let him continue. He was too enraged to talk. And they were in public. He had to remind himself again and again.

"Come with me, we are going home." Prithviraj announced, holding his hand gently but firmly and guiding him to his car. 

Shivansh saw the raw anger behind his father's calm demeanor. This was the first time he saw something so controlled yet so dangerous in his life. The way his father was controlling his anger, not giving away in the urge to whack some sense in the way, and his eyes burning with fury that made him flinch without any chastise scared the kid.