9| Lashing Out

VOTE, COMMENT AND SHARE. 

"Who is your mother?" Shivansh stopped dead on his track when he heard the question. 

He was a very famous person. Everything about him fascinated people. It was not hidden from people how Shivansh met Prithviraj. Everybody was stunned and curious when the news of their monarch possibly having a child spread like fire. More than anything, people were curious about Shivansh's mother. 

Who was the lady who managed to lure their monarch? 

Why did she hide the boy for sixteen long years? 

Where is the lady now?

Was their future monarch a baby out of wedlock? 

Though everybody seemed curious, nobody was courageous enough to voice out their questions. But as they say, curiosity wins every other emotion. Even when the question was not really malicious, it sounded insulting to Shivansh. 

"Nobody knew about your existence until a few weeks ago. Where were you all this time?" His classmate, Daksh, asked him. 

Shivansh turned around, his heart pounding inside his chest as he looked at the boy. The genuine curiosity and lack of malicious intent angered the boy even more. Why were people so interested in other's life? 

"It's a personal matter. I can't give away my personal information, Daksh. It's confidential." Shivansh answered as politely as he could. But one could easily sense the change in his behavior. 

The way his entire body tensed at the mention of his mother and how he closed the topic curtly didn't miss their eyes. 

"Is it a personal matter or a shameful matter you're trying to avoid?" A new voice asked Shivansh. 

Anger filled in his veins as he turned around and glared at the boy who was staring back at him with similar rage. A part of Shivansh wanted to fight with the offender. His birth was celebrated. His parents were deeply in love when he was born. Though his father was single in this universe, he wasn't born out of wedlock in his world. 

Shivansh had no words that could explain his situation. He could fight with the boy but he had nothing to fight with words. So, he did something that worked in his favor effectively. 

"What? Why are you staring at me like that? We should know about the boy who will become our future King. It's not like I asked you something out of the world. It's just a simple question. Who is your mother?" Daksh tried pulling his friend back, but the boy had already done enough damage to be controlled now. 

Shivansh smiled bitterly at the boy.

"I see, you are quite concerned for the future of our country.... Mihir. But like I said anything about me is quite confidential. But there is no law or rule above the King. I'll let His Highness know your concern about my birth-mother. I am sure he will answer every question you have for my mother. He will definitely tell you if my birth was a personal matter or a shameful act." Shivansh threatened openly, looking at the name-tag on the boy's shirt. 

Mihir visibly shrank back in fear. He didn't expect Shivansh to directly involve his father. He expected the prince to get self-conscious, or at least look ashamed. He was expecting Shivansh to hit him with aggression, but the prince didn't do any of those things. 

"Have a happy day while you can, Mihir and Daksh." Shivansh continued, his eyes shifting from Mihir to a scared Daksh, who was genuinely just curious. Daksh tried running after Shivansh when the malicious eyes of the prince stayed on him for half a minute before he walked out of the classroom.