7| Biting And Unusual Demand

VOTE AND COMMENT 

Prithviraj made sure he was present for the dinner that night. He remembered how his son refused to eat alone and waited for him. One time was enough for the monarch to know that his son would starve himself to eat with him. 

Not to mention the parental guilt he felt that night. He was a new parent that way. Going hard on his kid made him feel like a demon. Punishing was one thing but scolding harshly was another. He despised raising his voice at the boy. Especially when the kid hid himself in his father's arms after getting scolded like that.

Shivansh was getting bored with his phone. His father didn't just confiscate his phone but also denied him any access to electronics. That left him with one option only. Music. He was playing music. Luckily his father had some cassettes. The music here was top-notch. The boy couldn't get enough of it. 

"Done with your school work?" Prithviraj asked him after closing the door. His tone was soothingly gentle. 

Shivansh looked up at his father and a smile bloomed on his face. He nodded his head, dismissing the question. It was becoming a routine. School work would be the first question his father would ask him after coming to their room. 

"Yes, yes. You have a really great collection of music, Baba." Shivansh complimented him, and Prithviraj chuckled, nodding his head. 

He tiredly removed his blazer and put it on the couch as he started uncuffing his shirt. He was very tired. A good bath and warm food were all the monarch needed after meeting people and making decisions. Public courts were the most tiring events. 

"We have great artists here. And I love classical music. Raps and DJs are not my type. I love soft and classical music." The monarch shared with great delight. Shivansh stood up from the bed and turned the music off before walking to his father. 

Wordlessly, he helped his father to remove the shirt and handed him a bathrobe. Prithviraj was slightly surprised. Not that Shivansh didn't care but the boy mostly just hugged to show his affection. Doing work for him, and helping him was new. 

"Tu theek hai?" The monarch asked after a minute when the boy picked up his coat and put it in the laundry basket. 

Shivansh turned back at the question. He bit his tongue, scolding himself. He was feeling guilty for various reasons. And he was craving his father's soothing presence more than anything. Maybe it was a particular song that made him emotional. Maybe it was a particular stanza in the song that made him realize how little children do for their parents, and how much parents crave for their children. 

"I am sorry." Shivansh said with a sweet smile, hugging his father, and quickly placing a kiss on his father's cheek, making the monarch's eyes widen in surprise. 

A laugh left his mouth when he realized his son actually kissed his cheek. Who knew the first kiss the monarch got was from his son? It made him smile pleasantly. But the laugh and smile embarrassed the teenager who pushed his father by his shoulders and quickly turned around, grabbing a couple more garments to dump in the laundry basket. 

"What? Are you shy now?" Prithviraj asked him, amused. 

The boy turned red at the teasing. He turned around and grabbed the first thing that came to his hand and threw it at his father. It happened to be the monarch's favorite pillow. Prithviraj burst out laughing when the pillow hit his face. It infuriated the prince more than it should have and he grabbed another pillow and threw it at his father again. 

"Stop teasing me!" Shivansh warned his father, staring at him with wide eyes, trying to intimidate his monarch. But the kid looked more like a harmless kitten trying to glare. He looked too adorable for Prithviraj to not tease him.