Faded memories, Familiar feelings

(This story has both the game and anime in mind, as in my opinion the game does some things best - and the anime does other things better)

"...."

"........"

All I felt was a tight, seething pain above my left eye. It felt as though something had clawed its way into my brain matter, scrapping something out with the elegance of a hippo.

My mind was dark, but not in the usual way. I mean, it was quite literally dark. I - for the moment - could not perceive any image, any colour, any memory.

There were a few times I had felt similar. Not that at this moment I could recall them, maybe if I could it would help the frozen, spiked lump of pure dread in the depths of my stomach.

I felt totally aware of my body, somehow. My mind stayed black, my eyes stayed useless, i couldnt hear - taste - smell, all i could do was feel a growing sensation of dread. Well, that and...

Poke.

Poke!

Poke poke!

It was a light jabbing sensation, directly into my ribs.

Poke poke.

Pokepoke.

Pokepokepokepoke.

Slap.

Suddenly I pulled through, now aware of the sounds and smells but not ready yet to open my eyes. This must have been apparent to the poker.

"-ake up! Ugh, Cmon Y/n this isnt funny."

That voice...

"Oi, sleepy, dont make me tickle you."

Nope.

I shot up, my headache striking like lightning as i did, and my eyes struggling to latch onto any image in front of me. My aching arms fumbled around what I was leant on - attempting to locate my glasses.

A helping hand gave them to me, giggling slightly as she did.

Once awake and restoring my vision, I looked around.

I was sat at a desk, a pine wood desk to be precise. It almost didn't matter its make, but its good to know something and not need it than don't and do. 

Seemingly, I had fallen asleep here. Atleast, that's what the current evidence suggested. Although i had no memory of it.

I moved my eyes upwards, seeing the yellowing white walls and chalk board in front of me - a podium clearly meant for a teacher stood proudly up front. Immediately, I had noted there was a monitor and security camera. But they both were rather bulky, and I took a silent note to see them up close soon.

For now, it's best I address the elephant in the room.

"Poke at my ribs again, and I swear to god I'll cut your fringe." I half jokingly threatened, before standing up.

The threat was aimed at my sister, Sayaka Maizono, who stood in front of me with a hand over her mouth as she giggled. But something seemed off, her laugh was almost forced.

I was, honestly, terrible at emotions. With me and Sayaka being twins, it was much easier to determine her emotions than anyone elses. It was something I had to achieve daily from the moment of my very first word. But even then, it was a lot of the time lost on me. I was worse at my own, finding them more overwhelming and demanding than I'd assume the average person would.

But in this case, I hit the nail on the head.

"Whats wrong, Yacka-jack?" I chimed, the nickname a play on of cracka-jack, but using the second half of her name. It had been something i called her since we were young.