Chill Your Chihirios

"Good morning, everyone! It is now 7 a.m. and nighttime is officially over! Time to rise and shine! Get ready to greet another beeeeeyutiful day!"

Monokuma yelled over on the monitors, it extra loud with Kirigiri's door open as Maizono watched it play with tired eyes, his ears pricking slightly as he heard the girl move.

Kirigiri sat up in bed, turning to stand slowly. She looked to the boy on her floor, small smile directed his way.
"Good morning, Maizono."

The PI turned to greet her, smiling despite the dark circles under his eyes and frozen look in his bones.
"Morning, Purps!"

His voice was croaky with sleep deprivation.

Kirigiri smiled at him, almost not believing he stayed awake the whole night. She didn't understand why he would be so willing to.

The girl walked to her cupboard, grabbing her uniform and entering her bathroom without a word. It seemed she had a lot of trust in the PI's ability to keep watch, as she didn't even lock the door.

Maizono stayed put, barely moving an inch as he kept looking at the open door.

A sleepy Naegi walked into view, yawning. He caught glimpse of the PI on Kirigiri's floor, turning his head with a gasp.

"Morning, Bat! You two make up?" The luckster chimed, coming to lean against Kirigiri's door frame. The shower was heard during their conversation, the water providing a calming amount of white noise to soothe the PI's headache.

He nodded, blinking slowly from exhaustion.
"She caught me keeping watch last night and we talked, she told me to keep watch in here to be safer."

Naegi grinned. "Good! I tried asking her about it, and she told me just to leave it. What was up?"

Maizono shrugged. "Turns out, she's Batman."

They grinned at each other, this now their universal go to when a topic was private.

"Ah, I knew it! See, you just got too close to knowing her secret." The luckster joked, shaking his head.
"I'll catch you later, Bat."

"Wait. Bat?" Maizono asked.

"Because you hung upside down in the Physics lab." Naegi explained.

"Ohhh, see I thought you were implying something different." Maizono joked.

Naegi smirked. "Maybe I was. Cya Mai!"

The boy left the doorway, off to eat whatever cereal he wanted this morning. Maizono looked up to the ceiling, his body begging for sleep. He wasn't about to let it, he wanted to go over the third floor again.

His plans, however, went awry when Kirigiri finally stepped out the bathroom.
She was fully dressed now, hands quickly finishing tying her bow as she left.

They met eyes, and for some reason both reacted with butterflies hitting their stomachs.

"Shoes off." Kirigiri suddenly demanded, pushing her plait behind her back.

"..what?"

She gave him a look, which got him moving without more prompting as he untied his laces.  When he was done, he stood up and stretched.

"So, why am I-"

"Lay down." Kirigiri instructed again, tone flat but her face soft as she pointed to the bed.

Maizono gave her a look. "Why-"

"Just do as you're told, Maizono." Kirigiri replied, poking him in the forehead.