Ishida chronicle

Maizono woke up naturally this morning, which was out of character.

He had a hard lump in his stomach, like all his anxiety and dread was concentrated into a boulder he ate, which he took as a sign.
It always was.

Pushing out of bed, he checked his watch.

6:05. Damn.

Y/n just shrugged it off, getting ready for the day. He fastened Sayaka's neckerchief onto his arm again, but this time over his jumper as he also did up his bowtie and clipped on his collar pins. He had been ignoring his usual attire lately, and decided to bring it back. Sayaka certainly wouldn't let him leave so dishevelled, so he agreed to make an effort from now on.

Then, Maizono had an idea.

He walked to a particular dorm, ringing the bell. He was nervous to do so, as he was not very social, but he figured it would do him good. Besides, she was always up at Satan's crack.

After a moment, she opened the door - surprised to see the PI.

"Uh.. Hi Maizono? Everything alright?" Asked Asahina, she looked like she'd seen a ghost.

The PI nodded, swinging a leg idly to stim.
"It's cool if no, but I woke up with hella anxiety - figured a distraction was in good faith. Join me for a swim? We can get Ogami too."

It was like Maizono had said magic words, because Hina was instantly in high spirits as she quickly ran back inside - leaving the door open. Maizono could see her excitedly grabbing a change of clothes and a towel, throwing all of it in her duffel bag and putting her jacket over her shoulder.

A matter of seconds passed, and she was immediately with the PI - shutting her dorm door.

"I'll get Sakura!" Hina chimed, smiling wide.

Maizono grinned back, following her to Ogami's door. When she answered, it was clear she had been mid workout. Or, at least, Maizono hoped that's what they were interrupting, as she was panting and sweaty.

"Morning Sakura! Me and Maizono are going swimming, come with?" Hina cocked her head, smile on her face.

"But what of the nighttime rule?" Ogami asked, wiping her forehead with her wrist.

Maizono smiled. "If Celestia is upset I'll handle it. I think I may have earned her favour."

"Very well. But let's stick together, just incase anyone is out on the prowl." The martial artist stated.

That kind of hit Maizono's stomach funny. Luckily, there was no way anyone would attack them, they were more than capable muscle power.

Him, on the other hand, doubted his skill in self defence.

The trio began the walk upstairs, Hina and Ogami falling into a conversational rhythm. Maizono was silent, but still nodding along as they happily spoke.

When they got to the changing rooms, the two girls waited for Maizono to confirm the emptiness of the boys changing area before going into theirs.

Maizono changed quickly, throwing on some shorts he found in the warehouse and a PJ shirt. It was grey, and he hoped his scars wouldn't show through.

Putting his things into a locker and taking the key, he left the changing room to see Hina and Ogami already in the pool.

"Maizono! Do a cannonball!" Hina yelled.

"Cannonball?" Maizono asked pointedly, head tilting.

Hina looked flabbergasted.

"You don't know what a cannonball is, Maizono-sama?" Ogami asked, a soft smile on her face.