Trust is a two way street

When Maizono exited his room at the unholy hour of 6:30, he immediately saw a familiar face.

Kirigiri was stood leant against the wall just by his door, lilac eyes moving to look at the surprised boy with slight amusement.
"Good morning."

Maizono smiled at her, shutting the door behind him as he stood just in front of her.
"Waiting for me, were you?"

"Yes, I figured I'd supervise these chats you and Monokuma have behind my back."

Maizono chuckled, the slightest blush appearing.
"Well, you're more than welcome. I actually have a question, do you maybe want to investigate with the others today? I was thinking about what Naegi said last night, and maybe he would feel less discluded."

Kirigiri hummed, thinking it over as she pushed off the wall and began leading them to the bathhouse. They had more to talk about from last night, but knew they couldn't while under surveillance.

"Okay, I think that's reasonable. But to what degree do we inform him? There's things I don't even tell you." Kirigiri walked past the divider now, going to sit on the bench. Maizono - ever awkward - decided to jump the divider instead, landing shakily but finding it amusing.

"I don't know. I think he's okay with secrets, he just wants our trust since he gave us his. What you tell him is your prerogative, I told him some things last night you may want to hear though. Originally, my plan was to tell you first - but due to recent issues, Celestia and Naegi seem to have stolen the information beforehand."

Maizono had sat opposite Kirigiri now, his knee bent with his right foot beside her. Similarly, Kirigiri had taken up pretty much the same position, only her hands folded on her lap to hold down her skirt.

"Is this about everyone's memories?" The girl asked, meeting his eyes.

Maizono gave her a smile as he nodded.
"Yeah. So, remember how Monokuma woke me up the other day about my meds? To wake me up, he told me you had died. So naturally I was a little pissed, and decided to test the water. I told him I was starting to remember who the mastermind was, I believe my words were something like 'before the voice changer, you used to mimic that voice behind a teddy' or something or other. Anyway, he got super weird after. Told me it was in my best interest to keep my mouth shut."

Kirigiri hummed.
"So, let me get this straight. You indirectly proved we know who the mastermind is, by being petty."

That caused the PI to snort, snapping a finger into guns with a smile.
"Exactly."

"But why nineteen?" Kirigiri asked.

"Well, for me it would be twenty. My birthday is July 7th. If we started this around the begining of an actual school year, then at most I'm twenty but I'm atleast nineteen."
Maizono reasoned.

"What makes you think that?"

Maizono had an arm crossed over his chest now, an elbow propped up on it as his hand tapped his chin.
"Well, remember that photo we found? It was unmistakably taken in this school. In fact, it was taken in class 2b. So it makes sense that we spent a year at hopes peak at the very least before the 'serious issues' occurred."

Kirigiri hummed, brain piecing it instantly.
"Right, so that letter in the library was real? But why would it be planted?"

"To piss you off." Maizono stated, meeting shocked purple eyes.

"..What are you inferring.."

"I remembered why your name was familiar to me. You're not the first Kirigiri I've met, but of course you know that.
It's my belief that Monokuma wants us to think the headmaster is the mastermind, but why would that aid him? Simple. We're a thorn in his side. He has me by the throat with Sayaka's death, so how does he control you?"
Maizono asked it rhetorically, but Kirigiri still quietly answered.