Groundhog Day

-===-
Summary if you skipped the trial

Basically, Y/n was reminded of the first time he ever tried to commit suicide. The memory coming back caused him to have flashbacks, making him blackout as if he was living it again. In the flashback, it showed some of the domestic abuse his dad would commit. This pushed him to trying to kermit the frog, but Sayaka found him during and stopped it. It was a traumatising memory for both of them, of course, and an insight in to one of the reasons theyre so close.

Any Wii Nunchuck jokes are related to this. Pfft.

Anyway, Alter Ego got destroyed, and now where up to now.  Kinda.

TW for SH
-===-

The walk back from the trial was quiet. The only sounds were the occasional sniffle from Asahina, who brought up the rear of the small group.

It was 6pm, almost exactly.

Somehow despite the early hour, Maizono was already drained and tired. Well, not somehow, it was obvious why, in hindsight.

Where half of them filtered into the dining hall, four steered clear of it: heading for the dorms.

Those four happened to be Maizono, Kirigiri, Naegi and Asahina. The swimmer sped up, bypassing the trio and entering her room - the door slamming rather quickly. The PI made a mental note to check on her tomorrow.

Naegi walked up ahead too, going into his dorm- or, well, he guessed technically it was Y/n's.

Maizono felt like a zombie. He had that strange puffy headache after a good cry, faint aches and pains from old wounds - his spine and throat burning in memory.

The PI heard Kirigiri go into her dorm, but was confused when he heard her exit it again. Maizono turned to look to her, foot half in his dorm when he saw she was carrying her bedding and pyjamas in her hands.

Maizono just gave her a quizzical look.

"What? Did you think I was just going to leave you..?" The detective asked, tone void but words full.

The PI gave her a small smile, eyes threatening to spill again. He shook it away, pushing his door open for them both.

Kirigiri shut the door after them, walking around the room to the other side of Maizono's bed and starting to set up her covers.

It felt normal, in honesty.

The PI went into his bathroom, shutting the door and using it. After washing his hands -which took longer due to his bandages - he just stared at himself in the mirror.

He looked ragged. Eyes swollen and dark, face red and stained.

Maizono remembered then. Monokuma had claimed he was scratching at his chest - something he wasn't surprised about. Sighing, he took his jumper off and unbuttoned his white shirt - pulling it to the side to check the damage.

There was luckily no scratch marks, but the area around his darkened scars was heavily bruised - blue finger prints decorating his chest like the world's most depressing fairy light display.

He idly and internally commented on the state of his scars. Just another way to prove time passing. He remembered that his surgeries were only a few months prior to entering Hope's Peak, and yet... both scars from his double incision were fading slowly, the skin level with the rest on his chest. The mastermind was capable of many things, but clearly not at recreating scars.

With a sigh, Maizono buttoned himself back up and exited the bathroom. He never put his jumper back on, leaving the shirt untucked and frankly messy.

Kirigiri was sat on his bed, looking up to him as he left the bathroom with little expression. Comfort wasn't a language she spoke well. Receiving it was easier, assuming she trusts the person - she could just succumb to it, letting herself be as void or full as she needed.