A strange feeling

Squeezing Sayaka's hand one more time, Y/n turned on his heel and started to leave the room.

"H-Hey! Where d-do you think you're going? Aren't yo-you bothered by this?!" The girl had an accusatory finger pointed in my direction, he had no idea of her name - so in his mind he just refered to her as 'dark purple uniform with glasses girl'.

He turned his head back in her direction, but not his body as he reached the door and opened it.
"Being bothered is precisely why I'm leaving. Now if you don't mind, I'd much like to search the school."

Without another word he'd left.

Apparently, everyone else was still in utter shock, as the last thing he heard before exiting the trophy room was a calculated voice.

"So? What are you going to do now?
Just stand around, glaring at each other?"

-==-

It had been about an hour, and so far and he had searched every classroom, hallway, the school shop, and the dining hall. Now, he was in the Laundry room.

His left hand bare to write, and his right hand covered in white latex, he scoured the washing machines. The time lines of utilities and dust didn't make sense, in any room at all, it seemingly had no order or reason.

He had his arm snaked behind the far right washer, knelt down with his head leaning against the machine as he attempted to find the cooling fan. They were bolted to the floor, and even then were much too heavy for him to move, so flailing his arm in some-typa-way was his only shot at finding the dust trap.

He, honestly, was in a world of my own, that being apparent as he never heard her enter.

"What are you doing?"

Immedietly, he fell on my backside in fright to the direct question. Picking himself up, he sorted his uniform.

It comprised of smart pants, black converse boots, a white shirt with suspenders and a neatly done orange bow tie given from the school. The blazer was black, and tied to his waist was a dark green jumper he didn't currently feel like wearing. His collar was decorated also, two pins - a sword and a shield respectively - connected by a chain that hovered above his tie.

Brushing himself down, he made eye contact with the woman who interrupted his antics. Lilac eyes studied him silently, waiting for his response.

"I was checking the dust on the heating fan." He responded, and waited for the question anyone else would ask next. In fact, he was already thinking about his answer when-

"Hm, I see. I had noticed the mixed levels of disturbance too." She evenly responded, crossing her arms as she stepped forward to stand by the washing basket.

He just blinked at her, no one had ever just - understood his logic like that. Weird.

"Y/n Maizono, you?" He held out his hand, and she shook it. Somehow, his hand being bare did not occur to him yet.

"Kyoko Kirigiri." She responded, her eyes now dancing around the room as if trying to land on anything important.

A sudden bell rang in his head, something so familiar about that last name. He didn't dwell on it long though.

"What have you found so far? It may be smart to exchange observations." Kirigiri said through the silence, to which Y/n nodded and reached into his pocket for his journal.

The next actions felt like muscle memory.
Without any fuss, Y/n handed it straight to her and returned to the washing machine.

The lilac haired woman flicked through it.