CHAPTER: 27 UNWELCOMED GUEST

Third person's perspective

As the hands of the clock continued their relentless march, an air of tension settled over the room like a heavy fog. Despite the doctor's assurances that So Hee's condition would be getting better now that she had more blood in her system, the mood remained unchanged among the remaining members given the fact that they now had another person among with whome none seemed to be able to adjust. He; however, seemed to not mind the ever so often side-eyes thrown at him, or the hushed curses flying his direction. With an air of nonchalance, he brushed off the discomfort radiating from the other members, his lips curling into a sly smirk as if he held a secret that amused him to no end.

According to him he just wanted to have a word with his cousin before he left, which wouldn't be soon. Even though the doctor said that the fastest she could get up was probably by the night, and the fact itself left everyone feeling itchy not because So He would be waking up too late, but that her so called cousin and Rose's ex would be staying here for so long.

~Flashback~

"The fuck are you doing here?" Rose inquired the moment the person's face came into vision. The newcomer stood tall and imposing in the doorway, his presence commanding attention despite the hostile reception he received from Rose. His sharp features were etched with a mixture of amusement and arrogance, his eyes gleaming with a hint of mischief as he surveyed the room with a smirk playing on his lips.

"Surprised to see me, Rose?" he replied, his voice laced with amusement. "Well same goes for me, I didn't expect to meet you out of all people." His words only served to fuel Rose's anger, her jaw tightening as she fought to maintain her composure. "I don't have time for your games," she snapped, her voice ice cold. "So either tell me what you want or get out." The newcomer's grin faltered for a moment, his playful facade slipping to reveal a hint of frustration beneath. "Fine," he relented, his tone sharp. "I'll cut to the chase. PP called me, So Hee, she's hurt I guess!?" The newcomer's casual demeanor belied the tension crackling in the air, his gaze darting around the room as if assessing each person present. His eyes lingered on KK for a moment, a flicker of recognition passing between them before being swiftly masked by indifference.

KK's expression hardened at the sight of the newcomer, his jaw clenching with suppressed anger. He had never forgiven him for his past betrayal, and the sight of him now only served to reignite the embers of resentment smoldering within him. "He... he is her cousin and our last option, I, I request you to forget your difference for a while, for So Hee's sake." KK said through gritted teeth maintaining the eye contact.

"Well, well, well, looks like we've got ourselves a family reunion," the newcomer taunted, "But forgive me if I don't shed a tear for dear old So Hee. After all, she did choose to leave her own family behind, didn't she?" His words cut through the silence like a knife, eliciting a collective gasp from those gathered in the room. PP's eyes flashed with anger at the newcomer's callous remark, her fists clenching at her sides as she fought to contain her emotions. "You have no right to speak about So Hee like that," she retorted, her voice trembling with suppressed rage. "She may have left you behind, but that was the best decision she ever made, you deserved it, you asshole!"

The newcomer's smirk widened at PP's defiance, his eyes gleaming with amusement at her fiery response. "Ah, isn't that sweet?" he replied, his tone mocking. "The loyal little sister rushing to defend her precious So Hee. Tell me, PP, how does it feel to be so blindly devoted to someone who doesn't even care about you?"

Rose's nostrils flared with anger at the newcomer's taunts, her hands trembling with the effort to restrain herself. "You don't know anything about our relationship," she shot back, her voice trembling with emotion. "You were the one who betrayed her, you left her, she only cut off the ties that were causing all of us pain!" The newcomer's patience seemed to tik off at this, "Don't you dare play victim now, do not forget she is the reason..." he could not finish it as KK stepped forward, his expression steely as he addressed the newcomer with a sense of authority. "Enough games," he declared, his voice firm and unwavering. "We need your help to save So Hee's life, and we won't tolerate any more of your nonsense. So either you're with us willingly, or you know we have our ways as well!" He completed with him cracking his knuckles, the newcomer visibly gulped at this but maintained his faced, "you can't force me, I just came to say my final good bye to her like what families should, so don't expect my cooperation in saving her dying ass!" he said, his posture defensive, KK unbothered by his act steeped forward, "yes or no?"