7.

Was her dress too tight or was it a hot day outside? Penelope seemed to have trouble breathing or it may be that shes anxious. The church was filled with 200 guests, luckily she hasn't run into Colin yet; She was sitting with her mother and her sisters (with their husbands of course) in the middle section of pews.

Live music could be heard right above the balcony next to the beautiful organ. String players were softly playing a classical tune while conversation and whispers took up the room.

-

Colin overheard what his sister Eloise said:

"Eloise, did Penelope make it?" His mother Violet asked curiously.

"She did, hopefully you'll catch her  later this evening," Eloise brightened.

His heart was racing in anticipation, he's been eager to see Penelope all day and so it seems it's been confirmed that she did attend the wedding ceremony but of course she must be somewhere in hiding. "Why Colin, you look as if you swallowed a lemon whole," his sister Daphne has just arrived as everyone was getting ready to line up and walk down the aisle.

"Daphne, about time you showed up," Colin puffed. "So I see the two of you haven't cleared things up," Daphne lightly teased. "Quiet," Colin stuck his arm out ready for her take. Daphne was the only person that knew of the situation her brother was in, for she had been the one to accidentally interrupt that moment the year before Penelope left.

"How were your ventures away brother?"

"Lovely," he sighed. Daphne understood he wasn't in a good mood today.

"Colin I don't think now is best to chase after her. You know it is Anthony's big day, you don't want to cause a scene. I'm sure she too is also anticipating the hour as well," Daphne looked up at her brother who just nodded his head before saying," Yes, I suppose you're right."

As both Bridgertons and Sharmas paired up and waited to walk down the aisle, the music changed to a more traditional melody, signaling silence to the crowd and to stand for the ceremony was about to begin.

Anthony Bridgerton smiled as he saw his family joined together here at St. James Church. Hyacinth and Gregory were the first to walk down the floral aisle, the young Bridgertons were dressed accordingly for the occasion; Hyacinth in silky perwinkle and tan dress and Gregory in a dark grey tuxedo matching all his brothers.

They were soon followed by Eloise, dressed in the same dress as Hyacinth with its skirt flowing gracefully as she walked down the aisle; thankfully her hair was in a bun, away from her face (so she could not trip). Next Francesca, her dress was similar to Hyacinth's but much longer past her ankles.

Colin also in a dark grey tuxedo,making his shoulders broad and himself much taller, Daphne's gown was a sea foam blue almost green, one side draped off her shoulders while her hair was loose in curls down her back.

Violet, being the mother-in-law-to-be, wore a dark pink saree in honor of the bride, and Benedict in a dark grey tuxedo. Lastly before the bride, both Mary and Edwina wore traditional sarees, Mary in light purple and Edwina in hot pink saree.

Finally, the woman of the hour, Kate Sharma soon-be-Bridgerton in her gorgeous gold saree. Her wrists were adorned with gold and red bangles, her hair in a curled up bun with beautiful delicate viel. Stunning.

Once Kate Reached Anthony, all the guests took a seat as the priest greeted everyone, "Dearly beloved, we are gathered here today in the sight of God to witness and celebrate the holy union of Katherine Sharma and Anthony Bridgerton-"

Penelope's breath was taken away, for there he was standing among his brothers beside the groom, Colin. He looked more refined, fit from all the practice and competing she assumed.  She could tell he had been out in sun from his derby tour. He has most definitely changed the last year since they saw each other.