15.

Penelope was making sure her flat was spotless, the kitchen was already clean; her living room had books everywhere so she stacked a few on to the coffee table and the rest on to the shelf.

She quickly looked for something comfortable to wear but decent since she was having a visitor, Her silky green cami would work she thought. She wore matching sleep trousers  (she didnt want to wear the shorts, especially if Colin was coming over). And threw on a cardigan over her shoulders so she didn't feel exposed.

Around 8pm, Colin was knocking at her door. She looked in the mirror to make sure one last time to check if her hair wasn't messy and nothing was on her face.

When she saw him he looked freshley washed out of the shower, his hair was a little damp, he was dressed in handsome brown suede jacket and dress olive green trousers his casual attire. She felt a little under dressed and blushed immediately.

"Pen."

"Colin."

They acknowledged at the same time.

"Come in," Penelope smiled. Her and Colin were usually never alone and it made her heart flutter even more that he was at her flat.

He looked around at her flat as he walked in, bookshelves onto one wall, the kitchen to his right had a plate of biscuits, which made him smile that Penelope remembered, then just ahead was her living room where a sofa sits facing away from the balcony outside. Her place was peaceful at the site.

"I want to start over Penelope. As in I didn't like how things left off between us the night of the wedding... nor the year you left," he looked down at her with sincere apology; noticing she looked gorgeous even if she was in modest pyjamas.

She admired Colin for being so direct and being easy to talk to, she didn't have to worry all the time to find the next words to say. She was just comfortable. "I do too. Colin, I'm also sorry. I couldn't explain it at the time and I'm not ready to talk about it yet-"

"And that's fine. I just want to know how you been? How were your travels? How was the Americas?"

She lead him over to the living room after she grabbed a plate of biscuits from the kitchen, where they sat next to each other on her settee.  He talked about his expedition and competitions, he won at least 2 out of the 3 major races. He saw different cultures and tried different foods, he shared that Edwina (Kate's Sister) and her boyfriend had given him a tour around India and attended a festival both in India and China; he even made friends along the journey. Making it easier for business proposals in different countries while he was away.

Penelope talked about the Americas, how just a little bit of their American words was rubbing off on her, he noticed when she said cookie instead of biscuit when she had offer him some.

She said she had signed many copies to the point her wrist hurts for a week. She talked about the different animals like buffalo, eagles, and skunks or even their deserts and coastal scenery they had, things she forgot to tell debling about she told Colin to.

She talked about parts of the country had different states she went through and experiencing their city life. She also mentioned her Cousin Jack who was currently living in New York, Colin frowned (Cousin Jack came to visit the Featheringtons for a family event and he didn't like his facade when they met).

They laughed and talked just like they were friends, and by the time they were through it was almost 10 PM. "I should go," Colin said and Penelope frowned slightly, she got up from the sofa to walk him out.

-

Colin didn't want to leave but it was getting harder to focus when Penelope looked beautiful and he kept focusing on her lips when she talked.  It was dangerous grounds that they were even alone and he didn't want to try anything.