18.

Late spring of early June was a wonderful day for a race at the Ascot Racecourse Arena. Crowds in fancy clothes and semi-formal attire was a site to see. The private charity event full of well known elites of the country to support the fund.

"How was the honeymoon brother?" Daphne asked, she was with half the family of Bridgertons who were in one of seating areas of the a clubhouse to watch their brother race.

"Greece was beautiful, Kate and I saw the historical landmarks Colin had recommended us," Anthony took a sip of champagne watching Kate talking to his mother Violet. Daphne smiled, aware of his brother's happiness, "Where is Colin will he not be joining us?"

"No, I'm afraid not until after the race," He answered half-heartedly. He was reminded he wanted to catch up on the company and over see what his brothers had done (Yet his trusted advisors were there to assist at the time he was gone, he still wanted to catch up on the work load leftover).

"I'd like to know as well how Simon is?" Anthony looked at Daphne with discern. She was taken off guard. "Excuse me?"

"You can't hide it any longer Daphne, I know you have been seeing Simon. Especially while I was away," Anthony arched his brows.

Daphne wasn't sure how his brother found out, Colin had been the only one she told. "Simon came to me the other day, you have my blessing,"Anthony nodded,"He's a respectable man, and his work is important in the public affairs we live in today. I just hope you know that the burden will fall on you when the time has come to be wedded husband and wife."

Daphne was still lost for words, she thought maybe her brother should have plenty vacations in the future if it meant he would in a much lighter mood. "But of all the people you had to choose my best friend?" He joked lightly. "Brother, you know the story if Simon has told you, did he not?" Daphne reassured.

"I just want you to be happy. And know what you are getting into," Anthony in all seriousness.

"Thank you Anthony," she hugged her eldest brother trying not to be in tears.

-

Portia Featherington was in the same clubhouse as the Bridgertons, with two of her married daughters and their husbands. She, was hunting for Penelope through the glass view, who had been avoiding her all week. She wanted to know if the tabloids were true and to encourage her daughter on the matter.

"Marina, how lovely to see you," she said dryly. Her neice, Marina Thompson was a reliable real estate broker and owns much property herself. She had made a name for herself after her secret partner George passed away from a heart condition 4 years ago. Mr. Debling had been kind enough to invite her to the event to show gratitude for helping him with past charity events.

"Mrs. Feathrington."

"Marina how have you been?" Prudence, Penelope's oldest sister, intervened asking genuinely.

"I'm well. I was told the Featheringtons were here. I thought I've come to say hello," Marina took a seat next to Prudence and her hsuband. "I don't see Penelope."

"She is out with Eloise," Philippa chimed.

-

"Welcome to the 30th Annual Charity Derby!Hosted by Debling Heart Foundation."

A man dressed in slacks was on stage greeting everyone through the microphone, speakers around the arena and within the stables projected every word.

"Just over half of the money being made here is going torwards patients with hearts disease found in men, women, and children all over Great Britain. I am also pleased to say donations made today will be funding not only our medical foundation but primary schools too!"

(There was pause for an applause, and the crowd did)

"Thank you all for your support, I am now honored to introduce the man who's father started Debling Heart Foundation, Mr. Debling!"

"Good Morning Ladies and Gentlemen, a beautiful day to race and raise charity, is it not? Thank you again for all of you not only attending this event but the generosity you have brought for those in need.

"We will begin the races here at about quarter to 1, I myself included will be joining the jockeys who are here today. Please give them all an applause and prayers for a safe race.

(The crowd cheered and clapped in excitement)

"Help yourselves to refreshments, and before I forget after the race the Jockey's will be happy to greet the children and fans who would like to meet them in person just outside the stables, near the starting gate.

Thank you and enjoy the races!"

-

Penelope and Eloise were close by the stage that Debling could see them. He made his way torwrds the girls and Eloise had noticed this,"Pen I need to find Daphne?" She left with nothing more to say to give her friend space.

However, Penelope was confused until she saw Debling. She supposed she did not do a good job of telling Eloise about Colin.

"Miss Featherington, I'm glad you made it today. And I hope to see your mother as well, I'd like to thank her again for her generosity," Debling cheered.

"Mr. Debling, I am honored to have accepted your invitation. I hope you will have a safe race today," Penelope smiled kindly.

"Thank you, I enjoyed our time together the other day and wanted to apologize for the tabloids. I hope there were no inconveniences for you," Debling said concerned.

"No not at all, that is so kind of you. I too in fact enjoyed our time as well," she said.

Mr. Debling grinned,"You look rather exceptional, beautiful actually," Penelope blushed as he complimented her,"Would you do me the honor of accompanying me this mornig?" Mr. Debling asked almost shyly.

Penelope did not mind spending time with Debling but she had hoped to see Colin before the race and after, she feared it may not be wise to decline his offer either especially if her mother wanted them to talk about a business proposal he has yet to mention she assumed.

"I would be delighted," she smiled outwardly it may have come across shy too but she was not wholehearted about it when she was torn on Colin.

-