17.

Eloise took notice of this when her best friend was on her phone and smiling each time at her screen.
However Eloise thought it was Debling.

They were currently window shopping for the Debling Charity event this coming Sunday.

"You know, I miss you being attentive to me Penelope," as Eloise looked at another dress off the rack.

"I'm sorry Eloise, my phone will be put away for the rest of the day. Promise," Penelope made sure to keep her phone at the bottom of her bag.

"You must really like him?" Eloise winked at Penelope before moving t another set of dresses.

"Yes, wait who?" Her friend caught herself.

"You've been non-stop texting and I assume it's Debling. I fear that I will be all alone once you're married off," the two didn't find a dress and decided to check another shop near by.

Penelope felt guilty she still hasn't told her best friend she was seeing Colin and not Debling. That it may be best to tell her now or never,"Eloise, I'm not- it's not Debling I'm talking to."

Eloise stopped in mid walk and turned to her friend,"What? You explained to me the other night that you were good friends. I assume you have been texting him in the past week." 

Penelope wasn't sure how to explain it for she feared she didn't know how Eloise would react. She decided to break it down slowly, she began walking again and Eloise followed.

"Imtextingcolin."

"What?" Eloise noticed that she whispers and spoke to quickly.

"Imtextingcolin."

"Pen why are you so nervous? Just out with it."

"I'm talking to Colin again," Penelope blurted. Eloise scrunched her brows, "Oh."

The two women were now in front of the next boutique, that was smaller than the last one they saw. It didn't have any customers and they noticed the dresses were gorgeously hand crafted, which meant they were custom made, and for worthy price.

Before they entered Eloise said,"So you guys made up? That's good. Why would you be hiding that from me? Colin told me about the night of the wedding. Well more I consistently asked about it and he gave in."

Penelope saw a dress that grabbed her interest that she could see from the otherside of the window, they walked in as they were greeted by an associate.

"It was about time anyway, You guys didn't want to come to terms since the year you left for the States. Which means that you both are back to being the inseparable duo that I remember." Penelope was relieved that Eloise thinks that her and Colin are back to being friends; that was a good start. She couldn't tell Eloiseyet that they were a couple. Colin hasn't made it clear, and Penelope was now contemplating on the idea of what they were.

"Can I please know what happened then?" Asked Eloise as she saw a beautiful white spring dress with floral looking designs but were more elegantly folded fabric.

"I haven't explained myself to your brother what even happened that day. If it wasn't for Daphne I'm sure things could have gotten worse," Penelope saw a pink silk dress she liked but was worried it might not suit her hair. She took it off the rack and decided to try it on.

Eloise looked up,"Daphne? My sister Daphne?"

Penelope was in the dressing room, realized she may have given Eloise more than she needed to know.

"What des it have to do with Daphne?" Eloise was now going to keep prying about it.

After Penelope slips on the dress, she walks out to the mirror for a better view, but Eloise was in the way wanting answers. "Daphne happened to be there, the moment Colin and I were having an argument. I don't want to get into detail anymore, please Eloise," Penelope vaguely explained.

Eloise moved aside and understood. Now that she had more detail about the situation she can ask Daphne at the charity event about the rest of the details.

"What do you think of this dress Eloise?"

-

Eloise Bridgerton the dress she bought

-

Penelope Featherington the dress she tried on

The dress she bought