27.

Ms. Varley loved her job, she has always been loyal to the Featheringtons. And since she has been there since Portia was small, she knew Mrs. Feathrington quite well. Especially when it were days when the she were locked in her chambers.

She noticed that the atmosphere was cold and unpleasant that night Portia came back from the charity event. She shivered at the thought.

Portia came home without a word an went straight to her room. Ms. Varley found out from the rest of the maids of the mansion that Mrs. Feathrington was unhappy of a newly couple found in the morning gossip online, involving her daughter, Penelope and the other not being Debling but Colin Bridgerton.

"Ms. Varley, she needs you," one of the maids said.

As summoned she enter the room and sees Portia in bed,"Ms. Varley it is terrible, one of the Bridgertons has come after my daughter. I fear she will be sucked into his great dealings," Portia said dramatically.

"Mrs. Featherington, I'm sure this may be good. I thought you were hoping to marry off Penelope," she arched her brow.

"Not to a man who can not settle down! Her heart is with that womanizer, play boy whatever her generations calls it now."

"Should you get to know him first?" Ms. Varley adviced.

"And waste my breath. I set her up with the finest available and wealthy man in London and she goes off with that Bridgerton," Mrs. Featherington gets out of her bed, approaching her vanity.

"Mrs. Feathrington, please. At least talk to either of them," Ms. Varley insisted.

-

Penelope giggled, she was currently at her flat talking to Colin over breakfast. They were in the kitchen, as she was making a meal and his arms wrapped around her from behind.

"Colin, I'm having trouble cooking," Penelope gasped as he kisses her neck. He brushes his fingers against her hips.

"I am hungry," he said before moving away and leaning on the counter staring at her. He kept his distance close enough so his hand was brushing her shoulder.

Penelope turned off the stove, then placing the eggs on to a plate.  "You are always hungry," Penelope looked up at Colin.

"I wasn't talking about breakfast Pen..." Colin looked at her, differently something she wasn't used to since they got together; Penelope also didn't understand what he meant when he speaked figuratively; he could tell she was confused.

*knock* *knock*

"That must be Elle," Penelope was about to make her way to the door until Colin pulled her torwards him,"Quick one more kiss before you let her in," he teased.

"Penelope open the door" Eloise cried.

Colin let her go so she could open the door for his sister. "Brother, so early don't tell me you live here now," Eloise declared.

"No. If anything Penelope should come move in with me," he commented, "I was heading to work, Penelope was on the way. I'll see you later Pen," Colin gave her a kiss before heading out the door.

Eloise face turned sour like she ate something awful. "So... Penelope," She looked,"Should I be worried about walking in... on anything from now on?" Eloise hesitant to ask.

"Colin is hardly here, he isn't around long enough for a conversation. He is always on the go whenever he's at my place. He swears for me to not come over to his place either; which he has still yet to explain why," Penelope sounded a little disappointed.

Eloise knew exactly why but she was not going to tell Penelope for the sake of her best friend's innocence.

*Bzzzzz Bzzzzzz*

Penelope looks over to her phone and sees her mother calling. "A good morning it is, mother is calling, give me a minute Elle."

She went into her room to talk to her mom;

"Good Morning Mama," Penelope cheered.

"Penelope, is it true? Are you seeing Colin? What happened to Debling?" Her mother did not take a moment to greet and was straight to the questions.

"Yes Mama it is true. Debling and I were always friends, but I- I am happy with Coli-"

Her mother sighed, she feared her daughter had fallen deep, she can hear it in her voice, "Penelope, I am inviting you to tea tomorrow night, bring the Bridgerton boy."

She hanged up, Penelope noticed her mother sounded disappointed and worried what would happen tomorrow night.