10.

It was the Thursday after the wedding, Eloise was at the University teaching a unit on British Literature.

The last four days, her best friend had acted strange since she saw Colin. She remembered it very clearly, she was walking down the steps to the lobby and she over heard them. Her brother Colin had feelings for Penelope. And since then, Penelope has been quiet; not responding to any of her texts or phone calls as of late.

After lecture, Phillip had stopped by her classroom "Eloise, would you like to join me for lunch?"

"Sure," she smiled.

Philip was a coworker she befriended when she first started in the university. He taught Apothecary and Plant Biology in a different department.

"You seem down?" He asked as he took a spoonful of his dish and turning the next page of his plant book.

"Penelope and my brother have been acting odd."

"The love birds are at it again," he chuckled.

"They're not a couple,"Eloise said matter of factly.

"You sure? Every time you mention them they are either bickering or acting strange as you say," Philip turned another page.

"What makes you say so?" She asked curiously.

"Penelope said she couldn't tell you what happened a year ago, and so did your brother, did they not?"

"Well... Yes."

"Penelope has been hiding from Colin since she came back for the wedding due to him being angry, now would Colin be angry to friend who was leaving for a year or so?"

"Yes but-"Eloise thought for a minute.

"If I remember you said she was acting strange since the wedding, and you saw them together, alone?"

"Yes Philip but how is any of that evidence."

"One day Eloise, someone will show you what it means to love," Philip smiled before closing his book, knowing what will happen next.

"I'm going to find Penelope- or Colin," she gathered her things, then Philip asked "And who are you going to run to midday at this hour, during lectures?"

"Whoever I can find first, tell my last class the rest of the day is cancelled," Eloise waved off out of the canteen.

Philip went back to his book of plants as he smiled to himself.