𝟏𝟖

╔══════════════════╗
𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐆𝐋𝐀𝐃𝐄𝐑 𝐆𝐈𝐑𝐋
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

╔══════════════════╗𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐆𝐋𝐀𝐃𝐄𝐑 𝐆𝐈𝐑𝐋𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

╚══════════════════╝

"𝐎𝐇 𝐅𝐔𝐂𝐊!" 𝐌𝐀𝐃𝐄𝐋𝐘𝐍 𝐋𝐄𝐓𝐒 out once they were face to face with the creature that they never thought they'd see. the two felt like their feet were glued to the floor, they couldn't move. fear had struck them and they watched the grievers head towards them. madelyn turned to glance over at minho to see how he was handling it. feeling around her pockets madelyn grabbed the one thing she always kept with her, rolling it around her hand, madelyn watched the griever crawling over to them and aimed and threw the knife.

the two watched in anticipation, madelyn was surprised at her aim as she hadn't practiced very much. the knife stabbed right into the right eye of the creature making it halt in its movement's. minho looked over at madelyn. "did you just kill it?"

madelyn stayed quiet knowing better than to think the griever was dead by one knife in the eye. she shook her head. "that'd be too easy." she whispered.

the creature let out a small growl starting to shake. minho and madelyn took a step back watching the knife fall down to the floor, the sound of the knife clashing down to the ground echoed as the griever looked back up. madelyn brought her hands up to her ears as the griever let out one of the most terrifying sounds she had ever heard.

"minho." madelyn spoke ready to run on his command. she glanced over to a frozen minho ready to accept his death, but she wasn't. "oh, c'mon!" the girl grabbed her friend's wrist pulling him before yelling. "minho, run!"

she had to take over, minho seemed incapable of making any decisions especially when it came to their lives. the pair sprinted hearing the growl of the deadly machine chasing them.

"snap out of it!" madelyn yelled, feeling the need to keep holding onto him. she felt that if she let go, he'd stop running. "where do we go?!"

the pair kept running down a straight path with many others attached to it. minho finally seemed to snap as he let go of madelyn looking around with anxiety still lingering. "just follow me."

they turned right and another right that almost caused madelyn to slip but she was able to keep her stance. they rounded another corner causing the girl to take a peek behind her shoulder, it felt her feet were running faster than they ever could the second she realised the griever was a few feet away from her.

minho turned left doing his best to remember the structure of the maze. madelyn's eyes widen once they reach a dead end. "climb!"