𝟏𝟗

╔══════════════════╗
𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐆𝐋𝐀𝐃𝐄𝐑 𝐆𝐈𝐑𝐋
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

╔══════════════════╗𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐆𝐋𝐀𝐃𝐄𝐑 𝐆𝐈𝐑𝐋𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

╚══════════════════╝

𝐏𝐈𝐂𝐊𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐇𝐄𝐑𝐒𝐄𝐋𝐅 𝐔𝐏 𝐌𝐀𝐃𝐄𝐋𝐘𝐍 knew she was close. all she had to do was to retrace her footsteps, following the many turns they made before hanging alby up. she felt the sun shine on her and it made her condition worse, she loved the heat normally but she hated how tired and dehydrated she felt. madelyn kept going despite all this, she did not want to spend another night in the maze.

she breathed in and out somewhat proud of herself for not getting killed, she kept walking doing her best to remember the path they took. getting more hope, she realised she had made a turn where they tied alby up. the boys had probably been able to get out.

she didn't know if to feel good about them getting out or feel betrayed they left her behind. how was no one sent after her? it was against the rules she knew that, she just hoped they would break the rules for her. but, madelyn asked them to treat her like the other boys, so they did. no one was sent to look for her, they probably thought she was dead.

madelyn kept going, remembering the last few turns they had made. her feet were giving up on her, she wanted to fall to the floor and cry. she knew she was close so she had to push through it all. hope rose in her chest when she heard a familiar voice.

"stop wasting your time chuck, she's not coming back." justin spoke, hitting the boy on the back of the head. "get back to work."

chuck shook his head rubbing the spot that was hit. "no, the others have it under control. they said i could wait here for maddy."

"she's dead shuck face!" justin raised his voice. "get it in your small brain!"

"leave me alone!" chuck replied back with a little crack in his voice. "she's not dead!"

justin let out a small chuckle. "whatever man, waste your time."

chuck could feel his face heat up and tears form in his eyes as justin walked away to his station. chuck had so much hope for her to be alive. he knew she was. he wouldn't be able to accept the fact if she wasn't. the boy sat crisscrossed as he stared at the ground, tear drops fell down his face and onto the grass as he kept himself distracted by plucking pieces of the dewy grass.

"chuck?" madelyn announced as she couldn't hear arguing anymore, maybe she took the wrong turn. madelyn stopped to think it over. it was straight or take a right, she hoped for the best and took the straight path.