The Demon In the Snow

"Gato, why did you come here? And who are those henchmen?" Zabuza asked. "Our strategy has changed a little... I'm sorry about this Zabuza, but you will die here." Zabuzas eyes widened in shock "What?!" "Scince hiring a regular shinobi costs a lot of money, I hired Rouge Ninja like you. And, it would have been even more ideal to save my money and effort if Ninja-to-Ninja battles ended in each killing the other off. Well, you are certainly not worthy of being called the Demon of the Hidden Mist Village. If you were to ask me, you're just a cute little demon!" Gato says mockingly and the people behind him laughed.

'What are those guys? So many of them...' Naruto was shocked at the amount of people who would help Gato. "Kakashi... I apologize. Our fight ends here. As long as my reason to take down Tazuna is gone, there is no reason to fight you either." "Yeah...you are right." Gato took a few steps towards Haku's body. "That reminds me...I owe him something." He started kicking Haku's head. "He squeezed my arm 'til it broke." Naruto gasped in shock when Gato hit Haku with his cane.  "Huh, he's dead." "You bastard! What do you think you're doing, hey?!" Naruto screamed as he ran at Gato, but Kakashi grabbed him. "Stop! Don't act so recklessly...!" "You say something, too! He was your comrade, right?" Naruto yelled at Zabuza "Shut up, punk. Haku is already dead." "What...? Don't you feel anything watching him do that! Weren't you with Haku for a long time!"

"As Gato used me... I was simple using Haku." Naruto gasped. "I though I'd told you... We Shinobi are merely tools. What I wanted were his skills and not Haku himself. I have no regrets..." "Do you... Do you really mean that?" Kakashi put a hand on Naruto's shoulder "Naruto, stop. There's no need to fight him anymore... Besides..." Naruto shook Kakashi's hand off. "Shut up! My enemy is still... this one!" Naruto pointed a finger at Zabuza. "He...He really liked you! He liked you that much!" Naruto pointed at Haku's body. "Even so, don't you feel anything at all?! You really... honestly... don't feel anything at all?" Naruto grew somber. "When a person becomes as strong as you... does that person really behave like you? He threw his life away for you!" Naruto started crying. "He didn't even fulfill his own dreams and yet... To die as a tool...! That's... That's... too painful..."

"Kid..." Zabuza was crying. "Don't say anything...anymore. Haku was... He wasn't just thinking of me. He was feeling pain inside for you while he battled you guys too...  I know. He was too kind. I'm glad we could fight with you at the end." He used his sharp teeth to ripe off the bandages that covered his mouth, confusing Gato. "Yes, little punk, it's as you say after all... Shinobi are human too. Maybe it is impossible to become an emotionless tool." He smiled "I've lost." His smile fell as he grew serious. "Kid! Give me the Kuni knife!" Naruto pulled out a Kuni and tossed it at Zabuza. "Okay..." He caught it in his mouth and ran at Gato. "Wha-?! Enough! Take them down!" Gato yelled as he ran away. "Right!" "Yeah!" They yelled. "Are you crazy? Do you think you can win by yourself against this many of us?" One of Gato's men said right before Zabuza killed him. Zabuza proceeded to kill anyone who got in his way as he ran in the direction Gato went.

Eventually, Zabuza was able to reach Gato, who stood at the edge of the bridge. WhenGeto saw him he could only think of one thing. "D-demon!" Gato whispered under his breath. Zabuza staved the Kuni right into Gato's chest. Blood fell out of his mouth as he gasped in pain. Zabuza smirked, Kuni still in his mouth, before his was stabbed in the back. The men backed up as Zabuza stumbled forward. "I-if you're so anxious to join your friend... you go ahead... alone!" "Unfortunatelty... I don't... intend on going... to the same place as Haku!" Zabuza began to move, scaring Gato even more as he walked towards him. "W-what?! Pretending to be so tough..." Zabuza was an inch away from his face when he spoke. "You're going to hell with me!" Gato shook in fear. "It's no big deal... When the Demon of the Hidden Mist Village dies and goes to hell, he can become a real demon! Look forward to it! I'll let you find out for sure if i'm a cute little demon or not in hell!" Zabuza yelled before ripping the Kuni out of Gato's chest and stabbed him with it multiple times, throwing him the bridge.