Vampire AU

In the dimly lit corridors of the age-old castle, a young woman wearing leather pants and a black corset, with a violet cloak flowing behind her strides ahead. Around her waist is a belt filled with various tools and a bow resting comfortably against her back.

Her long black hair is swept up into a high ponytail, contrasting with her mismatched eyes, one brown, one violet, and her face adorned with freckles. Her sole guide through the labyrinthine halls is the flickering glow of candlelight.

Dusk, trained by her skilled mentor, is embarking on her very first solo vampire hunt. Her target: the notorious Aurelius Van Helsing, an elder vampire renowned for his penchant for stealing priceless artworks and treasures.

Equipped with an arsenal of anti-vampire gear, she traced his whereabouts to a solitary castle perched atop a hill. For days, she observed from a distance, biding her time until she could stealthily infiltrate under the veil of darkness.

Despite her heightened state of alertness, her eyes glimmer with a steadfast resolve as she navigates the shadowy hallways with earnest caution. Her footsteps are silent as she advances ahead.

"Well, well," A gruff voice echoes from behind her, "What do we have here?"

Dusk instantly halts in her tracks, instinctively pulling an arrow from her quiver and drawing it on her bowstring. She turns to face the unknown man whose smirk is barely visible through the dim light of his own candle.

"I could ask you the same thing," Dusk replies coolly, though inside she's anything but calm, "You're not Aurelius."

She studies the stranger, absorbing his striking features: towering height, almond-toned complexion, deep brown eyes, a rugged scar running across his cheek, pointed ears, sharp fangs, and slicked-back white hair. Dressed in a dark gothic suit paired with a high-collared cape, his attire alone tells her that he's going to be trouble.

The man chuckles, the sound resounding down the corridor, "Very astute observation," He says sardonically before coming to a stop as well. His gaze hardens on Dusk's bow and arrow, a hint of danger in his voice as he warns, "And you're not invited."

The dark-haired woman's grip tightens on her bow as she takes a step back, maintaining the distance between herself and the man. His tone sends chills down her spine but she doesn't let it show.

"Perhaps not... But I have business here," She replies firmly. However much Dusk wants to avoid confrontation, this man is clearly no ordinary passerby.

"Well," The stranger begins, his dark eyes gleaming with amusement, "You sure have guts to break into a vampire's house and claim it as your own. I suggest you state your business before I decide you're nothing more than my next meal."

Dusk swallows hard, feeling the weight of his threat settle in her stomach, "I'm here for Aurelius Van Helsing," She declares, trying to keep her voice steady despite her pounding heart, "And I have no plans on becoming anyone's meal," She adds defiantly. Her arrow is still drawn tight against the bowstring, ready to launch at any sign of aggression from the man.

He chuckles, crossing his arms over his chest, "Aurelius? And what business do you have with him?" His gaze drops to her arrow and he grins wider, "Though, I must admit... It's been a while since anyone has threatened me."

Her eyes narrow, watching his every move, "That's none of your concern," She replies sharply. 

There's a hint of anger in her voice now and the bowstring tenses further under the pressure from her fingers. This man, whoever he is, seems amused by this, clearly underestimating what Dusk is capable of.

"Is that so?" The handsome stranger says, feigning interest. He casually approaches her, nonchalantly brushing the arrowhead with his finger, "Then maybe I should make it my concern."