Free Time

July 28th, 2023

After their eventful stint on North Sinnet Island, Kana had decided to stay on the Van Helsing estate for a few days to reconnect with Dusk after their time apart. While Aurelius had kindly offered her a room in the main house, she instead chose to reside in one of the spare rooms within Xavia and Dusk's guest house. Partly because she missed Dusk, and partly because she wanted to observe the duo.

Walking through the silent corridors of their home, the older woman peers into each room with a keen eye. The rooms are tastefully decorated, giving off a certain air of tranquility and elegance that's characteristic of Aurelius's taste.

Her brows quirk up at the sight of Xavia's room, immaculately tidy with an array of books organized on various bookshelves and his scythe laying on his bed. She can't help but chuckle as she notes how drastically it contrasts Dusk's living quarters which reflect her carefree spirit with music posters pinned haphazardly to walls, clothes strewn about and books scattered everywhere.

Strolling further down the hall, she enters what appears to be their shared workspace filled with maps, documents and scribbled notes. A sense of nostalgia washes over Kana as she looks around. This reminds her so much of her own days working alongside Aurelius.

As Kana glances into the next room, her eyes widen in surprise. She finds a well-equipped training space with everything from weights to a punching bag. And there, amid the gleaming equipment, is Xavia.

She watches as he pulls himself up on the bar for another chin-up, his muscles flexing and relaxing rhythmically with each movement. The sweat-soaked tank top clings onto his broad shoulders and muscular chest like a second skin while droplets of sweat trickle down his chiseled features.

Even through her single eye, she can't deny the sight before her. Xavia isn't just handsome but also radiates an intense aura that makes him difficult to ignore.

Xavia can feel the weight of a gaze on him and knows instinctively that Kana is watching from the doorway. He doesn't bother turning his head to confirm as he had grown used to this sensation during their recent mission together. He continues with his chin-ups, each movement steady and measured, despite feeling Kana's eyes studying him. It isn't unusual for people to be curious about his workout regimen, after all, few are able to match his stamina or strength.

Moving towards the back window, the older woman's gaze finds Dusk in the distance. Out on a range Aurelius had set up for her, Dusk is practicing her archery, arrow after arrow flying true and hitting their target. 

She watches as her former student draws another arrow from her quiver, a sense of calmness radiating off of her even from this distance. Her ponytail sways gently with each movement and every once in a while, she flicks it back over her shoulder before lining up another shot.

Kana can't help but feel proud watching Dusk train. She holds herself with an air of quiet confidence that only comes from years of diligent practice. She sees in Dusk what she used to see in herself: determination, skill, and relentless perseverance.

Kana finds herself thinking that as much as they are different, Dusk and Xavia complement each other perfectly in their own unique ways. Xavia, with his intense focus and discipline, provides a balance to Dusk's free-spirited nature. And conversely, Dusk brings an element of unpredictability that keeps Xavia on his toes, making them both better at what they do.

Watching them from afar, she feels a sense of contentment wash over her. These two had not only managed to form a strong partnership but also built something more... A bond forged in shared experiences and mutual respect.