28|Jealous Preeta

I know many of you won't leave reviews, but at least care to vote dear readers 🙃.

60 votes to unlock next chapter 😐( coz I have already written)

~

Author's pov:

Their moment got disturbed with a knock on the door causing Preeta startle and look at him before getting down from the table.

And within a minute the door opened revealing her father and Preeta widened her eyes as her gaze went on Karan who was almost hovering over her.

"Da..dad"Preeta mumbled and Karan widened his eyes talking a step back.

"Yaha kya kar rahi ho?"Preeta's father, Anand asked and stepped inside.

Preeta gulped down her throat and corrected her hair before shaking her head nervously.

"Woh Kar..Mr.Luthra se baat karni thi"Preeta informed pressing her lips.

Her father was not convinced with her answer, but ignored her reason.He looked at Karan who was standing behind them and again eyed back at her.

"Did you verify the schedule and programs of our annual function?"Anand asked her.

"No dad.I just received it an hour ago.Mein abhi karti hu"Preeta replied and started to leave.

"Be quick"he replied and Preeta nodded.

"And mr.Luthra aap apna work continue kijiye"Anand informed and Karan nodded while biting his inner cheek.

Anand walked out of the cabin and Preeta followed him.She looked back at Karan before closing the door and Karan gave a sheepish smile in return.

Preeta pouted feeling shy and smiled before closing the door of his cabin.

"What were you doing there?"Anand asked as soon as they entered her cabin.

"Dad kuch kaam tha"she replied hiding her nervousness.

"Whatever it may be, tum kisi ke cabin mein kyu jaogi.Ask them to come here and do your work.And also I didn't like the way he was standing close to you"Anand said placing hands in his pocket and Preeta bit her tongue.

"Dad actually we are good friends.He helps me in so many things and he is quite talanted too.Apne hi choose Kiya tha usse"Preeta informed him.

"I know that and kahi ye wahi friend toh nahi jiske saath tum kal bahar gayi thi?"Her father asked making her eyes widened and she felt caught at the moment.

"Um..actually yes! He is the one.But aisa kuch nahi hai.We are good friends"Preeta replied lowering her eyes.

"Meine kab kaha ki aisa hai?"Her father said and Preeta shook her head.

"Dad..don't think anything"Preeta said walking forward and Anand shook his head with a smile.

"No I am not.But you know what it is and I won't ask you anything.You will tell me"He said causing Preeta to look at him and nod.

"Now be quick and check that.There are lots of preparations to do and I need to invite many clients too"Anand said and Preeta nodded silently.

"Yeah..just give me half an hour dad"She said sitting on the chair.

"Okay bye"Saying he walked out of the cabin.

Preeta sighed in relief and closed her eyes to calm herself for a minute.

What would have happened if he would have seen them together.She was sitting over the table and Karan was standing infront of her, holding her.

Oh god!