Family8

He didn't hesitate and just caught her face with both hands to then press his lips to hers. Firmly, then a little softer. Then he started to catch her lower lip playfully between his, hoping to get her to reciprocate the kiss. She did. Reluctantly and rather inexperienced but very eagerly once she started.

When she pulled back she giggled and buried her face in the crook of his neck.

"Everything alright, love?" Gabriel asked and she mumbled against his skin.

"Yeah, I just, I was just so overwhelmed. And probably very bad. It's been a while since I last kissed anyone and he literally told me I was a bad kisser."

"Mh, I wouldn't say bad, rather too scared to let loose. And if that guy hadn't been such a moron he would have seen the incredible skills behind your mask, my dear Nathalie. Would you agree to give it another try? Or a couple of tries? Maybe even a whole series until we both feel as if the other has made progress? Because it's been a while for me too and I wouldn't mind at all to get some practice." He whispered softly into her ear.

Nathalie looked up and into his eyes, her hand cupped his face as she hoarsely muttered.

"I wouldn't exactly be against it. I... it's just... I..." She sighed deeply.

Gabriel snickered.

"Why don't we just put all the cards on the table, love? What's in the past is over and we can just tell the other before we try to move on. Let me begin to make you feel a little more confident. Emilie was the first woman I really loved. But she was the third woman I slept with. And she also was the last woman I kissed or had any sexual contact with. Now it's your turn. How many..."

She blushed deeply, her voice was only a whisper when she tried to back out.

"I can't do this. I..."

"Nathalie, please. I don't need names or places. Just numbers. I am sure you didn't screw around with random guys like your sister. I always considered you more the committed type."

She scoffed.

"Yeah, very committed. Even without my feelings being reciprocated. Anyway, I..."

"I'm sorry. Not for not having the same feelings for you back then. But I am very sorry for taking so long to admit to myself, that I have those feelings for you and that I also had them for quite some time already. It literally took you to leave me until I realised how much I feel for you, Nathalie." Gabriel told the shocked woman tenderly.

Nathalie's jaw dropped once more.

"You just... Did you... Are you trying to tell me..."

"That I am madly in love with you? That I found out that I have coveted you for ages? And most important. I love you!"

He hadn't expected a reaction like the one she had. Instead of telling him she loved him too or kissing him or even rejecting him, Nathalie started to sob vigorously and clang to his neck, desperate for his comfort.

He did the only thing that came to his mind. He lifted her into his arms and carried her to her bed, where he laid her down and cupped her face with both hands again. Then he just kissed her. Passionately, savagely, just as desperately as she longed for him until her sobs stopped and she kissed him back just as ardently and without her usual composure.

Gabriel was hovering above her, one foot still on the floor, one knee next to her on the mattress, propped up on his right arm while his left hand still rested on her cheek. He parted their lips for a moment and looked at her.

"I need an answer before I will do something stupid. If now or in our future, I need to know how to act from a certain point. If you know what I am talking about." He asked her sheepishly.

This time she wasn't as flustered as before and smiled at him when she informed him.

"If you're trying to find out if I am still a virgin, the answer is no. I might have been rather shy and a loner, but I did have sexual contacts."

"Plural? Can you give me a number now?" He pried and eventually she told the man she desired.

"Two. One boyfriend in high school and a one night stand in, well when we were in Tibet. And I am not proud of it. But it was the night we found the jewels and I had been drinking a bit too much and one of the guys in the little bar we went to was really sweet and I have to admit kinda hot and..."

He stopped her with another kiss.

"No need to justify your actions, love. Did you enjoy it?"

She shrugged.

"A little. Not the way I can do it myself!"

"Oh?" He quirked an eyebrow and grinned. "I need to hear more about that soon. Because I certainly want to know how you like to be touched, my Nathalie." Gabriel breathed into her ear making her squirm underneath him. He pecked her lips with a chuckle then sat up.

"I'll go and change into my pyjamas too. Too bad that there'll be a baby sleeping in between us tonight!" He mused before getting to his feet.

Nathalie took a look at the time.

"Actually," she said pensively, "it's only half past eight. There are still shops open. If one of us would hurry and..."

He laughed out loudly behind his hand to not make too much noise.

"I'll send for it, dear. Maybe we can cuddle tonight if we're lucky."

They were. As it turned out the Gorilla had already bought said mattress when he had picked up the beds for the toddlers. He just had left it in the car and was now carrying it upstairs and to Nathalie's room.

Gabriel waited for him outside the door, thanking him and taking it inside himself, remembering that his beloved woman was already in her pyjama.

"Look what I've got here. Now all we need to manage is getting the little princess transferred without waking her up. And then..." He looked at her with wiggling eyebrows.

Nathalie chuckled.

"Still tired and exhausted, Gabriel. But otherwise..." She blinked at him innocently with long lashes.

The designer had placed the mattress in the cot and was now approaching her, laying his arms around her waist from behind and kissing the side of her neck.

"What would be otherwise, love?" He wondered.

Nathalie let out a quiet moan as she leaned back into his warmth.

"Mh, I like what you're doing. But first let me try and carry Louise to her new, pretty bed. I love that you even put the pink sheet on it. It's really cute."