𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐈𝐈

ᵖᵉʳᶜʸ ⁻ ʷᵉ ᵍᵉᵗ ᵃ ⁿᵉʷ ᵉⁿᵉᵐʸ ᶠᵒʳ ᶜʰʳⁱˢᵗᵐᵃˢ

˚    ✦   .  .   ˚ .      . ✦     ˚     . ★⋆.

BEFORE PERCY LEFT OLYMPUS, he decided to make a few calls. It wasn't easy, but he finally found a quiet fountain in a corner garden. He had asked Menodora to come with him, and with a plate full of food and self-serving goblets, Percy and Menodora sent an Iris-message to Percy's brother, Tyson, under the sea.

"Hi, Percy!" Tyson exclaimed happily, waving hello with a burning sword, littering fire all over the place. "Oh. Hi, pretty girl with the funny eye-drawing!"

Percy had never had the heart to ask Menodora about the Horus Eye tattoo under her eye. He was afraid she might snap at him and wave it off, but she didn't snap at Tyson, or wave it off. Instead she laughed warmly and explained the importance of the Horus Eye in Egyptian culture, throwing in so many Arabic sounding words that both Percy and Tyson regarded her, dumbstruck.

"In English please," Percy said.

"I was given the tattoo as a gift from Apollo. That's all you really need to know."

"Oh, so you are friends with the sun god!" Tyson said.

Percy and Menodora used that as a starting point to tell him about their adventures, and Bessie—Tyson wanted to hear every detail about the cute baby cow serpent—and they assured him that Annabeth was safe. Finally Percy got around to explaining how the shield he'd made Percy last summer had been damaged in the manticore attack.

"Yay!" Tyson said. "That means it was good! It saved your lives!"

"It sure did, big guy," Percy said. "But now it's ruined."

"Not ruined!" Tyson promised. "I will visit and fix it next summer."

The idea picked Percy up instantly. He hadn't realized how much he had missed having Tyson around.

"Seriously?" Percy asked. "They'll let you take time off?"

"Yes! I have made two thousand seven hundred and forty-one magic swords," Tyson said proudly, showing Menodora and Percy his newest blade "The boss says 'good work'! He will let me take the whole summer off. I will visit camp!"

They talked for a while about war preparations and their dad's fight with the old sea gods, and all the cool things they could do together next summer, but then Tyson's boss started yelling at him and he had to get back to work.

"Your brother is cool," Menodora admitted, chewing on a strawberry flavoured pastry.

Percy nodded in agreement as he dug out his last golden drachma and made one more Iris-message. "You wanna call anyone?"