𝐗𝐗

ᵐᵉⁿᵒᵈᵒʳᵃ ⁻ ᵗʰᵉ ʷᵒʳˡᵈ ᶜᵒˡˡᵃᵖˢᵉˢ

˚    ✦   .  .   ˚ .      . ✦     ˚     . ★⋆.

ZOË HAD TOLD MENODORA A LOT about her father, and Zoë had made sure to mention he was a complete jerk. But "complete jerk" wasn't even close to what he was.

His sole presence made Menodora's finger tremble and glow with anger. She wanted to make Atlas pay for what he did to Zoë.

Atlas approached Thalia and Percy. "So these are the best heroes of the age, eh? Not much of a challenge."

"Fight us," Percy said. "And let's see."

"Have the gods taught you nothing? An immortal does not fight a mere mortal directly. It is beneath our dignity. I will have Luke crush you instead."

"So you're another coward," Percy said, taking the words straight out of Menodora's mouth.

Atlas' eyes glowed with hatred. With difficulty, he turned his attention to Thalia.

"As for you, daughter of Zeus, it seems Luke was wrong about you."

"I wasn't wrong," Luke managed. He looked terribly weak, and he spoke every word as if it were painful. If Menodora didn't hate his guts so much for what he did to Percy, she almost would've felt sorry for him. "Thalia, you still can join us. Call the Ophiotaurus. It will come to you. Look!"

He waved his hand, and next to us a pool of water appeared: a pond ringed in black marble, big enough for the Ophiotaurus. Menodora could imagine Bessie in that pool. In fact, the more she thought about it, the more she was sure she could hear Bessie mooing.

"Stop thinking about him!" Percy said. "Thinking about Bessie is going to summon him."

Menodora tried to make her head blank, which was a huge failure, but at least it wasn't filled with Bessie's mooing.

"Thalia, call the Ophiotaurus," Luke persisted. "And you will be more powerful than the gods."

"Luke..." Thalia's voice was full of pain. "What happened to you?"

Right then, Menodora could see herself in Thalia. And suddenly, she was back in Theos' room.

˗ˏˋ 'ˎ˗

The room was gigantic, bigger than the accommodations the demigods lived in. Beautiful tapestries clothed the walls, and lively, green plants occupied every corner. For a son of Ra, his room was extremely dim. Menodora had noticed that the light in his room had been gradually losing its intensity, as if Theos' sun was burning out.

When Menodora walked into the room, she would never have seen Theos if it wasn't for her good night vision. He was mindlessly pacing around his room, touching the walls as he muttered to himself.