𝐈𝐈

ᵇⁱᵃⁿᶜᵃ ⁻ ᶠⁱⁿᵃˡˡʸ ˢᵒᵐᵉ ᶠʳᵉᵉᵈᵒᵐ

˚    ✦   .  .   ˚ .     . ✦     ˚     . ★⋆.

THINGS WERE STARTING TO GET REALLY MESSED UP.

While Percy and those other people had been fighting the manticore, Bianca and Nico had run over to Menodora.

Bianca wanted to cry all the water out of her body. She tried to be strong for Nico, but the sight of Menodora's life slowly seeping out of her body was more weakness than Bianca could hide.

"I told you," Bianca mumbled, choking on her tears. She gently pushed her fist into Menodora's stomach, but hard enough to let Menodora know how pissed she was. "I told you you should've taught me how to fight! I could've done something."

Menodora laughed weakly. "I'm not dying, Bianca. It just hurts really, really badly. My goal is to get you away from harm. And that's what I did."

Nico layed his head on Menodora's lap and hugged her waist. "Do you feel better now?"

"A lot better. Thanks, Nico," she smiled, patting his head.

A warm hand slithered onto Bianca's shoulder. As if she were made of metal, the warmth flowed through her every vein, lifting her spirits. Artemis smiled warmly at Bianca.

"Is she going to be okay?" Bianca asked, watching as Menodora's eyelids faltered.

"Annabeth already did a great job with the ambrosia, but my Hunters will heal her," Artemis said. "Menodora is a true warrior."

"Wow," Nico breathed, letting go of Menodora. An aura embraced her body, slightly levitating her body above the ground. Coursing harmoniously with her limbs. Her cuts healed surely, and the wrinkles in Menodora's face smoothed.

That expression on Meno's face reminded Bianca of their countless days at the Lotus Hotel. When all three of them were happy, carefree and Menodora wasn't keeping secrets from Bianca and Nico.

Bianca wanted Menodora to float like that a little while longer; at peace. She didn't like this secretive attitude Menodora was starting to take.

The moonlight shone brighter when it collided with Menodora's face, reflecting its light through Mendora, making her skin glow.

Bianca wished the moon would make her glow. Bianca wished she could look that pretty. Bianca wished the moon loved her as much as it did Menodora. Even if it was a figment of her imagination.

A placid silence followed. Her body softly pressed into the ground, and the ground absorbed the moonlight.

"I suppose it's been taken care of." Artemis was the first to speak. It had physically made Bianca ache thinking of disrupting the stillness.