𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐈

ᵖᵉʳᶜʸ ⁻ ᵗʰᵉ ᵍᵒᵈˢ ᵈᵉᶜⁱᵈᵉ ᵒⁿ ʰᵒʷ ᵗᵒ ᵏⁱˡˡ ᵘˢ

˚    ✦   .  .   ˚ .      . ✦     ˚     . ★⋆.

PERCY HAD ALWAYS WONDERED WHY nice people choose the wrong people to date.

Off all the big life questions that the universe offered him to throw at his mom, he had carefully picked that one out. His mom held the answer somewhere in that big heart of hers, and Percy was determined to change it for the better.

At a young age, Percy had decided that Sally Jackson had a knack for people who couldn't love her in the same way.

As our prime example, Percy presents you Poseidon, the god of the sea. Poseidon loved Sally Jackson alright, but how could you possibly construct a stable life with a god? Who lived underwater to top it off. It took something as simple as an infant child for Poseidon to flee back and hide in the dephts of the sea.

Sally Jackson was smart; she didn't follow the god into the abyss. Instead, out of the ashes of her heart, she raised a boy named Percy Jackson, who inherited his mother's nature of taking care of unloveable things, such as the color blue.

A few years later, the universe gave Sally Jackson a test. Are you capable of taking care of the most unloveable of unloveable people to crawl on this earth?

Gabe Ugliano wasn't that ugly at first. He was kind and giving, and Sally Jackson took the wretched bait.

As time passed, Gabe Ugliano became uglier and smellier. He had grown a nasty addiction to being absolutely useless as he nonchalantly threw away all the money Sally Jackson worked so hard for.

Nonetheless, as Gabe Ugliano turned into his true unloveable figure, Sally Jackson still stayed with him. Even after all the alcohol-driven violence, repeated arguments, and constant accusations thrown at her son, Sally Jackson had passed the test.

In Percy's eyes, she had managed the laborious task of taking care of the most unloveable person to crawl this earth: Percy Jackson himself.

Well, back before he was forced to live the demigod life, he wasn't exactly popular. He had no friends, and that makes a child wonder. Why does no one want to play with me?

Sally Jackson always played with Percy.

To answer Percy's first, big life question, Sally Jackson had replied, "We accept the love we think we deserve."

Sally Jackson was a mortal who fell for both a god and a monster. Sally Jackson deserved mortal love, the kind that sends wild butterflies through your stomach, and that leaves you giggling in your pillow. The kind of love that clothed you in a white dress and made you feel like a fairytale princess just for once.