𝐗𝐗𝐕𝐈𝐈

𝐀𝐂𝐓 𝐈𝐈 ༄ 𝐅𝐋𝐎𝐖

𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐜𝐲 𝐣𝐚𝐜𝐤𝐬𝐨𝐧[𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘-𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍]୨⎯ ❝𝐢 𝐠𝐞𝐭 𝐤𝐢𝐝𝐧𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐞𝐝 𝐚𝐭 𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐨𝐨𝐥❞ ⎯୧ᴺᴼᵂ ᴾᴸᴬᵞᴵᴺᴳ: ˢʰᵒᵘˡᵈ ʰᵃᵛᵉ ᵏⁿᵒʷⁿ ᵇᵉᵗᵗᵉʳ, ˢᵘᶠʲᵃⁿ ˢᵗᵉᵛᵉⁿ▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐜𝐲 𝐣𝐚𝐜𝐤𝐬𝐨𝐧
[𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘-𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍]
୨⎯ ❝𝐢 𝐠𝐞𝐭 𝐤𝐢𝐝𝐧𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐞𝐝 𝐚𝐭 𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐨𝐨𝐥❞ ⎯୧
ᴺᴼᵂ ᴾᴸᴬᵞᴵᴺᴳ: ˢʰᵒᵘˡᵈ ʰᵃᵛᵉ ᵏⁿᵒʷⁿ ᵇᵉᵗᵗᵉʳ, ˢᵘᶠʲᵃⁿ ˢᵗᵉᵛᵉⁿ
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

EVERYTHING SKYROCKETED INTO clouds of shit during their lunch break.

Five months filled with homework, school projects, and endless reading had passed, and as much as Percy was ashamed to admit it, school had become a thing he looked forward to. At least going to school with Menodora.

On the other hand, Menodora's improvement had remarkably increased—she had obtained the reading comprehension of a seven-year-old in a month. She was now actually catching up to Percy.

Her grades were quite average, but Percy was confident that it only had to do with her vocabulary deficit.

So, all in all, life was alright.

But then again, they were demigods—life ceased to remain alright.

That stupid letter Theos had written Menodora was taking a serious toll on her. She collected all of the sleep she neglected in eyebags and laced into her droopy voice.

She had also lost a significant amount of weight. Well, not that much, but enough to grow a lump of concern in Percy's stomach. Menodora's once plump cheeks were now hollow-cheeked, and her fingers had become concerningly raw-boned. She ceased to eat, well, at least whenever Percy was around.

When Percy had asked her why she wasn't eating, she had simply replied, "I'm not hungry, I ate earlier."

Percy didn't buy it, but as long as she was healthy, he didn't see a reason to bother her with it.

Even the birthday party Sally, Paul, and Percy had put together for her hadn't done more than make her even more gloomy. Maybe it hadn't been that good of an idea to visit the Egyptian exposition at the museum, a place that did nothing but remind Menodora of her old, pretty miserable life if you ask Percy.

She masked her sorrow with forced sarcasm, holding up a fort that protected her from the outside world. Or maybe it protected the outside world from her.

Either way, Percy had decided not to push too hard on the soft spot that was Theos, so it had been an absolute shocker for him when Menodora told him what the message from months ago meant.