Chapter 12 Battle of the Dragons

Finally. Finally, Ash Ketchum will battle a champion. A worthy battle it will be. Maybe he can feel that rush again he felt battling Dawn.

Ref: On one side of the field we have Iris, Champion of Unova! And on the other we have Ash Ketchum, my favorite kid, The Mute Trainer!

Iris: I love you Unova!

Ash: Our battle will be Legendary!

Ref: Trainers, send out your Pokémon!

Iris: Go Dragonite!

Ash: Dragonite! Hit the Stage!

Two orange pseudo Legendarys hit the field.

Ref: Battle Begin!

Iris: Thunder Punch!

Ash: Catch the punch, then kick it in the face.

Iris Dragonite flies right up to his brethren and aims a thunder punch. However, Ash's Dragonite catches it with ease, before kicking the other in the face. Iris's dragon was on the ground, with a mad expression.

Ash: Dragon Pulse.

Iris Dragonite was recovering, but Ash didn't care. A purple dragon hit Iris Dragonite in the face.

Iris: We're not done yet! Extreme Speed.

Ash: Huh. Dragonite ice spinner but stay put.

A dragonite covered in white speeds through the smoke like a bullet. Ash's Dragonite covers himself in ice. Iris's dragon doesn't even notice and attempts to hit the dragon in the face. However, the ice acts as a shield and an attack. The champion's Dragon is sent flying back into the ground once again. Ash's dragon is a little tired and hurt but is still flying.

Iris: NO NO NO! Hyper Beam! Followed by Ice Beam!

Ash: Hurricane, around yourself. Then ice punch.

The two attacks head towards Ash's Dragonite. Said dragon covers himself in a veil of air. It stops the Hyper Beam, but the ice beam clips the dragon's arm. Dragonite roars in pain, but rushes at the champion dragon. A blue fist upper cuts Iris's dragon, then another, followed by another. When the dragonite is launched back, a Dragon Pulse awaits it.

When the onslaught is finally over, the champion dragonite is down.

Iris: WHY YOU! Salamence, get some revenge! Dragon Pulse!

Ash: Good job Dragonite. If you get hit by this another will do you in. So let's go out with a bang! Stone Edge.

Blue stones surround Dragonite and head towards Salamence. A purple dragon flies over the stones and into Dragonite, while stones hit Salamence. Dragonite is on its last leg.

Ash: You did great. Now lets do as much damage as possible. Ice beam!

Iris: You're finished! Dragon pulse once more!

A raging beam of pure crystals, purple dragon both hit their targets. A small standoff is made, but Ash already knows what's about to happen. But his dragon stands there for a good 5 minutes before finally going down.

Ash returns his pokemon, while Iris cheers. The crowd roars in enthusiasm. Finally the mute trainer lost a pokemon!

Ash was very happy for his dragonite. He beat Iris famed Dragonite, and put up a good fight to Salmance.

Ash throws out one of his aces. A pitch black pokemon, with two legs, and mighty tusks.

A shiny Haxorus has arrived.

Iris' smile falls, and in its place is a look of awe. Here is a DRAGON! One radiating in power and beauty.

Ash: Ok so your special ability will help here. Outrage to activate it.

Iris: What a beautiful dragon. But that won't save you. Toxic!

Ash: Wait, cancel the outrage. Shadow claw and Dragon claw instead. Low kick as well.

A purple mist surrounds Haxorus, but the beast doesn't even notice. In 3 seconds it closes the gap and completely pummels its opponent. A barrage of moves and power land onto the dragon-flying. Haxorus jumps back and fires a Dragon pulse, wrapped in a shock wave.

When the dragon is finally done with its onslaught, Salamence is mortally wounded.

Iris: No no no. Dragon Rush!

Ash: Catch it, then fire a point blank draco meteor.

Salamence has a green dragon head around it, and rushes at his opponent. But the shiny simply catches it, then fires a draco meteor in its mouth. Some damage is dealt to the shiny, but not enough.

Ash: Well done. Next battle the toxic buff will activate, so be prepared.

Iris returns her Salmanece, but she doesn't care that much. She was battling a beautiful Haxorus after all.

Iris: Haxorus, set the stage! Use Poison Jab!

Before the green Haxorus can move though, a mighty roar is heard. The shiny Haxorus has a glow around him.

Ash: Let the games begin. Shock Wave!

Green Haxorus's tusk glow purple. He charges at his shiny brethren but doesn't get very far. An electric current is fired right at the pokemon. The green Haxorus is launched back into the ground. It gets back up with shaky legs.

Iris: How-w-w-w? Dragon Pulse!

Ash: Match it with your own!

A purple dragon comes out of Green Haxorus's mouth. However, a beautiful gold one comes out of the shiny one. The two dragons dodge each other and hit their targets.

The green Haxorus is still standing, but its tusk has a tiny crack in it. Shiny Haxorus on the other hand looks ready to go.

Green Haxorus fires a Dragon Pulse which connects! Iris looks pleased, but a look of horror is in its place.

The shiny Haxorus was hit. However, the black beast has only a couple minor bruises. A focus blast is launched into the green dragon.

Iris: We can't take another hit like that! We won't lose! Rock Slide!

Ash: Check Mate. Cover the rocks in lightning, then launch them back with Dragon Tail!

Rocks are fired right at the Shiny, but it is unphased. The rocks are coated with an electric current. Haxorus' tail glows green and launches each of them back. The opposing Haxorus tries to dodge but eventually one lands.

The winner is declared.

And it's not Iris.

Ash beat a champion.  He beat the 9th best trainer in the world.  Yet he still had more to prove.  The crowd was dead silent.  No one had expected Iris to lose this early.  The young girl was furious.  But happy at the same time.  

She hated this trainer but was happy she could battle such a powerful dragon.  It reminded her of the good old days before she became champion.  Just her and her best friend Axew.  Battling Dragons.   Before paperwork, deadlines, and region pride got in the way.  

Ash's mind was finally clear.  He didn't join because he wanted to prove himself.  He joined to show the world that he was the very best, like no one ever was.  

Ash looks at Iris, before walking away. He was proud of beating a champion.  But he had more name to cross on his list. 

Gary Oak was going to lose.  Ash promised himself that.  

And when he did, the young Oak would learn.

The entire world will learn.

That Ash Ketchum was not someone to mess with.

Mute or otherwise.