Chapter 13: Legends

Professor Oak was the happiest person alive.

He just saw his star pupil, one he considered his son, beat a champion.

Oak knew everything about Ash. Including the power of his aces. He'd never seen one, but he heard about how he got each and everyone. Now that he saw how one of his aces destroyed a champion team, he was nervous. Nervous for Ash's competitors.

Gary Oak was jealous. Gary tried to beat all the champions before, but he lost each time. The closest he got was Diantha, but her Mega beat him.

Paul was proud. He was proud of his friend. When they met, Ash was just a depressed boy that wanted to burn the world. Now he's a man, beating up champions and making friends. Maybe more than friends.

Brock was in awe. Ash had never shown Brock his aces. Ash's aces were a closely guarded secret of his. He knew his friend was powerful, but this was untold.

Dawn was excited. She was training under the most powerful trainer of the generation.

May was sad that she didn't get to battle him under his full power.

Lillie was shocked beyond belief. Maybe her brother will lose.

Iris was livid, but happy. She hates losing, but for the first time actually had fun while battling. Usually, she just won. Now she lost but lost to a dragon. His Dragonite was strong, taking out hers and doing good damage to her Salamence. But his Haxorus was insane. That beast could rival Cynthia.

But the best outcome, the best thought, was the crowd.

People were watching Ash and cheering for him. Actually, cheering for him! No one thought he had a chance, but when he beat Iris, a literal champion, a shift happened. The fans accept the mute trainer.

Ash's Haxorus was on cloud nine. He beat the second strongest dragon type. He took damage before the fight, and still came out on top. The only dragon stronger is now Cynthia's Garchomp.

Ash was quite pleased. His Pokémon did amazing against Iris. Now next on the chopping block was some Gym Leader named Cilan. Ash saw him with Gary before, but never cared for him.

Ash, along with his trainees, are practicing. Brock was about to ask something that would either get him killed or on deaths doorstep.  

Brock: Can you show us Haxorus again? He must be your strongest! Can we battle him? 

Ash: Haxorus? He may be powerful, but not my strongest. You've already met my strongest pokemon. And if you wish to see one of my aces, then I'll show you one.

Lillie: W-e-e met your strongest? Could it be? Your pikachu? And multiple aces?

Ash: Indeed it is. I have 10 aces in total. One for each region, and my starter. Meet two of my aces now.

Two Pokémon come out.

A Shiny Charizard. And a Shiny Sceptile.

Both Pokémon radiated power and beauty. One look and you can tell these Pokémon are better than their brethren. Better by a wide margin.

Dawn and May: AWESOME! Can we battle one!

Ash: Of course not. My aces will shred and one shot your Pokémon. Only champions, elite four trainers, and the best of the best can take the power of an ace.

Ash returns his two Pokémon. The girls look disappointed, while Brock looks excited.

Brock: You have taught me so much Ash. You beat a champion and showed me how to become strong. You taught me how to be great. And now it's my turn.