Chapter 2

When we got home, Duke and I packed up our stuff for a few days until we could get everything shipped out.

"Don't forget to bring that air mattress and pac n play for Luxe" I told Duke as he was searching in our closet for the other suitcase for Luxe.

"Yeah got it. Where is his damn suitcase?" He asked.

"Ryker!" I yelled and heard the footsteps coming down the hall.

"Yeah?" He said as he opened the door.

"The suitcase I lended you for the Texas trip last year, where's it at?" I asked.

"Oh shit, I got it" he said and ran out.

"Well that solves one problem" Duke said as he tossed the air mattress on the bed.

"What's the other?" I asked.

"We got rid of the pac n play. Remember? Cause the latch wouldn't hold the top part up" he said.

"Damnit" I shook my head.

"I'll be back, I'm gonna get another one" he said and put his shoes on.

"Thank you, I'll get his stuff together" I said.

"Okay" he replied and pecked my lips before running downstairs.

I double checked I had all of my stuff before going downstairs to Luxe's room.

Haley had been giving him a bath for me and was now out, drying him off.

"Hey bubba" I waved as I saw him on the floor wrapped in a towel.

He smiled and I looked at Ryker who was coming into the room with the suitcase.

"Thanks" I said and laid it out on the floor.

I went through and was getting clothes and essentials packed away for him when Duke got back.

"Hey babe, which one did you get?" I asked from Luxe's room.

He walked in and showed me the box. "The same one that we did have" he told me.

"Hopefully this one won't break" he laughed and I nodded.

"Where's my little man at?" He asked.

"Ry has him in his room giving him a bottle to see if he would calm down to sleep" I said.

"Okay. I'm gonna pack the cars in a second, you have everything?" He asked and I nodded again.

He soon left the room and I finished up Luxe's things around 20 minutes later.

The next morning
—————————————————
We woke up around 5:30 and got Luxe up who was sleeping again immediately as Duke was holding him with his head on his shoulder.

The cars were packed and we were ready to go.

We were shipping both cars today so I was driving with the dogs and Tigger while Duke had Luxe.

"Listen, I don't want you to worry about the house and our stuff, I'll have dad handle it. But please be careful with what lurks out here" I whispered the last part.

"I know. If anything comes up, dad will handle that too. Call me as soon as you get there, as you step foot outside that airport" he told me.

"I will I promise. We will have you guys come visit when we get done with the house. I love you" I hugged Haley.

"Oh I love you too, I'm gonna miss you guys" she said.

"I love you Ry" I hugged him.