Chapter 8

Once I changed out of my dress, I put a robe on and went downstairs.

Duke was leaning against the counter, drinking water.

I didn't say anything or look at him but instead, I walked out the back door and went towards the water.

I dropped my robe and waded through the water until my chest was covered.

I turned around to see Duke staring at me.

"We won't live forever, you coming or not?" I asked.

He ran towards me, pieces of clothing flying as he did so.

He got in and wrapped him arms around me.

"I love you so much" he whispered.

"I love you too, I'm so happy" I smiled to myself.

"We're married, in the Bahamas, we're having a baby, and two weeks all to ourselves" he said and kissed my cheek.

"If I'm being honest, I'm worried about having the baby" I said.

"I'm not in your position so I can't say not to be nervous. Hell, I'm nervous. But uh, whatever happens, I'm right here, like Ive always been" he said.

"But after my mom, I don't want to die" I said faintly.

"Hey, you won't, okay? Don't say that. Im here, for you, for us, for that baby, for Luxe, for our family. I will keep you going, I will get you out of bed, I will help you" he said.

"I'm so scared that I won't be good enough for her" I said.

"Her? You think it's a girl?" He asked.

"No, just- I don't know" I shook my head.

"You will be great, you are great. You took on raising Luxe with me at 16, your gonna do amazing" he said.

"Thank you. But yeah I don't know, I have a feeling it's a girl" I said.

"Well that'd be cool. A little girl that looks just like you, a little sister for Luxe to protect, a little princess" he laughed.

"What was that?" I asked as something touched my foot.

"I don't wanna look" I shook my head.

Duke looked down at the water and raised his brows.

"Stay very still" he said.

I watched as him arm went lower into the water and he picked up a pufferfish with a cupped hand.

"Aww, it's so cute" I said and looked at it.

We spent about 30 minutes in the ocean before going in and showering.

Duke ended up falling asleep while we were watching tv so I snuck downstairs and to the patio.

I pulled out my phone and called Ryker.

"Maddie? What's up? It's late" he answered.

"Yeah sorry, I hope you weren't sleeping. How's dad?" I asked.

"He's good right now, he's in the shower" he told me.

"Okay, how's the boy and the animals?" I asked.

"Luxe was good up until we put him to bed, he fussed a little bit and then went to sleep. Moose is actually in here with me at the moment" he said.

"Hey if he continues doing that, make sure he's obviously fed and changed and then the baby monitor is in our room on Duke's nightstand. If he's fussing and there isn't anything wrong, he'll cry it out and go to bed" I explained.