The Begining

This story begins with me. My name is Alana Swan as in Bella Swan's sister. Our father is Charlie Swan chief of police in Forks, Washington. I was born 4 years after Bella when my dad had a fling with my mom Eleanor Fox. I also have an older brother from my mom's previous marriage named Jared Cameron. I have lived in Forks my entire life living full time with my mom and brother on the reservation and visiting my dad as much as I could. My relationship with my sister Bella hasn't been the greatest since we didn't see each other often. Bella lived with her mom in Phonix and I never went with my dad when he would fly out to see her. We were cordial with each other like strangers who shared the same father. Jared and I had always been closer than Bella and I but at the same time rarely hung out since our friend groups were so different. Since I can remember school has been my favorite part of my day. I enjoyed being able to learn new information and broaden my horizons with distinct cultures and subjects. My love for school was so big I was able to skip a grade and join my friends in the same grade. Growing up on the reservation all the families were a tight community so we all knew of each other. It also helped that my dad was friends with many of the dads on the reservations. I mostly played with Jacob Black growing up since we were close in age and our parents watched the games together. Our hangouts became more frequent when Jacobs's mom passed. One day Jacob decided to invite me to hang out with Quil and Embry which later became an everyday thing. I was a lot closer to Embry since our personalities were so similar. With Quil, it felt as if he were my younger brother even though he was older than me. As we grew up our bond as a group grew and we all became inseparable.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This was a short chapter because I wanted to give the background of the story but the next chapter will start when Bella comes to town.