Chapter 35

FORT VALLEY, GEORGIA-MORNING
[Hope and Audrey wake up on the ground. There is burns around them. Alaric and Landon wake up soon after.]
Hope: (O.C.) There's something we need to tell you. I just don't know how. So, to make you understand, maybe I should start from the end.
"Why would you start from end?" Asked Freya. Hope shrugged.
Landon: Where the hell are we? What happened?
Alaric: I don't know. But I don't think we're in Kansas anymore.
Audrey: (O.C.) Naah, i think se should just start at the beginning. We knew Landon needed us, so we went to help.
THREE DAYS AGO-SALVATORE SCHOOL-ALAROC'S OFFICE/HALL-NIGHT
[Hope sneaks in Alaric's office and steals his key. Audrey waits for her at door as watch out.]
People look at Hope surprised.
"It was to help Landon." Said Hope defencivly.
[When Hope comes out, they move to leave. They meet Alaric in the corridor.]
Alaric: Going somewhere? Better questions, where the hell do you think you're going with my keys and without telling me?
Hope: Um, you know, I just said some really harsh things to you yesterday, and so I just wanted to get you an oil change as a peace offering. [Audrey rolls her eyes at Hope's obvious lie.]
"You are a terrible liar." Said Audrey.
"I'm not!" Protested Hope.
"Mhm. Sure." Said Audrey.
Audrey: Hope gave Landon magical bracelet that glows when Landon is in danger and now it's glowing. [Audrey raises Hope's hand to show the glowing bracelet.]
"No point in lying. He already cauh us." Said Audrey.
Alaric: Then we're going, and I'm driving.
Hope: (O.C.) We didn't know it yet, but Landon was in Kansas looking for his mom. He had no idea what he was walking into. None of us did.
TWO WEEKS AGO-LAWRENCE, KANSAS-STREET-DAY
[Landon approaches Seylah's corner coffee. He looks down at photo of his mother, then looks up and we see she is working there.]
"That's his mother? Did you find her connection with Malivore?" Asked Klaus.
"Shhh. No spoilers." Said Audrey.
TWO WEEKS AGO-SEYLAH'S CONRENR COFFEE-DAY
[Landon is sitting at a table in cafe. His mother approaches.]
Seylah: You must have a serious caffeine addiction. You've been here every day this week.
Landon: I just like coffee. I should get the next one to go.
Seylah: Hey, I'm not complaining. Just a little worried about you. [Seylah gets coffee's cup.]
Seylah: This is embarrassing. You've been my best customer this week, and I-I don't even know your name. [Seylah writes name on cup.]
Landon: Landon.
Seylah: That's a beautiful one.
Landon: Thanks. I'm, uh... pretty sure you gave it to me. [Landon shows Seylah the photo.]
"That's one way to tell her." Said Marcel.
TWO WEEEKS AGO-ALARIC'S CAR-DAY
[Alaric is driving car. Hope's sitting in passengers and Audrey js in backsit. Audrey has headphones on and listening to Maneskin, while texting Funcle💞 .
"Funcle?" Asked Elijah.
"It's unity of Fun uncle in one word. That's how i have uncle Kol's contact saved." Said Audrey.
"I like it." Smiled Kol.
*Audrey: Yeah, we are going to Kansas for him.
Kol: Why can't just Alaric go?
Audrey: Hope wanted to go and you know how she is. When she wants something no one can stop her and i won't let her go alone.
Kol: Yeah, i know. Both of you got your father's stubborness🙄
Audrey: Mom was more stubborn.
"True." Agreed Hope.
Audrey: Okay, bye. I'll text you when something new happens.
Kol: Okay.*]
Alaric: (Singsongy) Indiana. Crossroads of America. What's the capital?
Hope: We learned that in, like, eighth grade.
Alaric: Oh, good, then you should know it.
Hope: I didn't say I absorbed the information.
Alaric: Yeah, well, you're not saying much of anything. Look, if you can't handle eighth grade school geography... you're gonna flunk all your exams.
"She is just not in mood of you." Rolled her eyes Audrey.
Hope: Are Lizzie and Josie studying? Maybe you should focus on them.
Alaric: Yeah, well, they're still in Europe with Caroline, thank God.
Caroline smiled at her being mentioned and about the fact that twins are with her.
Hope: Religion has no place in the classroom, Dr. Saltzman. The Supreme Court made sure of that with its ruling on Engel v. Vitale. And Indianapolis is the capital of Indiana. I'm getting an "A" in geography. Chill.
Elijah, Klaus and Hayley look proud.
[Hope looks down at bracelet.]
Hope: Take the next left. He's on the move.
Alaric: All right. Indiana is surrounded by what four states?
Hope: I thought we just established that I am dominating geography.
Alaric: Fine. Then let's move on to science. [Hope rolls her eyes.]
"I'm so glad i had headphones. I can't imagine listening to him whole ride." Said Audrey.
SEYLAH'S HOUSE-DAY
[Landon is sitting at counter. Dog is barking at him.]
Landon: Hello. [Landon feeds dog.]
[Later Landon goes to urn and touches it.]
Seylah: Don't touch that. [Landon jumps startled.]
"There is something suspicious about this woman." Said Klaus.
"You think that about everyone." Said Elijah.
"And i'm usually right." Said Klaus.
Landon: Cool. Um, it's just that I've told you my whole life story, but I don't know anything about you. And, like, all this stuff makes it seem like you've had a really interesting life, and... Is this an actual samurai sword? [Landon goes toward the sword.]
Seylah: Don't touch that, either. I'm sorry. (Sighs) I'm just not used to having people around.
Landon: You don't have to apologize. This is, this is weird for me, too.
Seylah: (Chuckles) Well, in times
of emotional distress, I find that dessert really helps, don't you?
Landon: Not exactly an expert on the subject.
Seylah: Yes, you are. I'm sorry your life has been so hard, Landon, I really am.
Landon: I was talking about dessert. And I thought I was putting a positive spin on all the rest.
Seylah: I shudder to think that's true.
Landon: Um, well, then I'm sorry, too. I know this is a lot to put on you, with me just showing up like this, but I'd really like to know more about...
"She left him and he is the one apologising? What a weird boy." Said  Caroline.
[Dog is laying on ground and panting.]
Landon: Is he okay?
Seylah: She. Oh... You didn't feed her from the table, did you?
"It was just a bread.... Wait." Said Davina.
"She poisoned it? She tried to poison her son?" Asked shocked Marcel.
Landon: (panicked) Just a little, but I've-I've never had a dog. I had no idea that this would happen.
Seylah: Relax. She'll be fine. The drugs will wear off soon.
Landon: What drugs? [Landon falls. He pushes the button on bracelet before he loses conscious.]
LAWRENCE, KANSAS-ALARIC'S CAR-DAY
Hope: (O.C.) and a half hours is a long time to spend on the road, and even longer when you're being car-schooled.
[Alaric stops the car. Audrey stops staring our of window and takes out headphones.]
Alaric: And that is how osmosis works.
Hope: Mm. Is this the place?
Alaric: Yup.
Hope: And not a moment too soon. Pretty sure you were about to tell me how babies are made.
"Don't even mention baby talk." Said Audrey and shuddered.
"Why?" Asked Kol.
"Never let dad give us a talk. Mom, please." Said Audrey.
"Why?" Asked Klaus.
"He explained so horribly that i swore to myself i would never have sex. I broke it after, but that's not the point. Point is that i don't want detailed explaination of every sexual disease in existence!" Said Audrey and glared at Klaus. Everyone burst out laughing.
"It's not funny!!!" Yelled Audrey. It just made people laugh louder.
Alaric: Hey, before we go in there, I just want to make sure we're clear.
Hope: Don't worry, we're crystal. You're Professor X, I'm Wolverine.
Alaric; I was more of a DC kid.
Hope: Then you're Batman and I'm Robin. Either way, you call the shots.
Audrey: What are you two even talking about? You know what? I don't care. Let's solve this soon. [Audrey gets out of car.]
Hope: (to Alaric) So how do you want to do this, hmm? Fireball? Wind torrent?
Alaric: I was thinking we'd knock.
Hope: They'll never see that coming.
"Gotta love Mikaelson sarcasm." Said Audrey.
SEYLAH'S HOUSE-DAY
[Landon is tied up at chair.]
Landon: Seylah, Seylah, please, I-I-I didn't want to burden you with this, but I don't... I don't do well in captivity. Seylah, Seylah, I'm sorry. I-I-I...
People look at Landon with pity. Klaus and Caroline looked at him with understanding they know how it is to be tortured by your parent.
[Seylah approaches Landon, grabs his hair and pushes his head back.]
Seylah: Who sent you?
Landon: I already told you my miserable life story. Nobody gives a crap about me.
"Rafael does." Said Hayley. She feels bad for Landon, because she sees her young self in him.
[Seylah lets him go and goes to Iron.]
Seylah: Quit playing games. Who'd you call?
Landon: I don't even have a phone.
Seylah: I never said you did.
"How did she find out?" Asked Damon.
"It's not hard to guess that bracelet started glowing after he pushed the button and it didn't stop glowing." Said Marcel.
Landon: You wouldn't believe me.
Seylah: What I don't believe is you're my son. So I suggest you spill your guts before the iron heats up. [Seylah checks if Iron's hot.]
"She isn't gonna... she won't.." said Hayley.
"No. He had no burnes when we got there." Said Hope.
LAWRENCE, KANSAS-OUTSIDE-DAY
Hope: We should come in hot. There could be a Jabberwocky on the other side of that door, for all we know.
Alaric: Nonsensical poem written by?
Hope: Charles Dodgson.
Alaric: Wrong.
"It's true." Said Elijah.
Alaric: Lewis Carroll.
Audrey: Same thing.
Hope: (Chuckles) The pen name of Charles Dodgson. I'm crushing English, too.
Audrey: (confused) What were you two doing when i was listening to music?
[Man's screaming is heard. Hope and Audrey look alarted.]
Mikaelsons look at Mikaelson twins worried, Salvatires- Alaric.
Alaric: No, no, no. [Hope breaks the door with magic.]
Hope: Patere. [Hope enters the house in rush. Alaric and Audrey follow behind. They see old couple watching tv.]
Kol and Damon burst out laughing.
"Look at their faces." Laughed Kol.
Hope: (awkwardly) Hi. Uh, uh, what- what are you watching?
Alaric; Oh... (stammers) I'm so sorry that we've ruined your lunch.
Audrey: I'm sorry. My sister... is little disturbed. [Hope sents her a glare. Alaric looks amused.]
Everyone looks amused except Hope, who glares at Audrey again.
Audrey: I hope you'll understand. I promise we're gonna replace your door. [Hope follows compass.]
Alaric: (to Hope) That's some compass. We're in the wrong place. [Hope sees Landon's compass in mail.]
"Smart." Said Stefan.
Hope: Someone knew we were coming.
SEYLAH'S HOUSE-DAY
Seylah: Why so quiet? You wouldn't shut up when we were having lunch.
Landon: I thought you believed me. Now I'm not giving you anything. [Seylah walks to Landon slowly.]
Seylah: Everyone talks... eventually.
"I don't like her." Frowned Davina.
Landon: Please don't do this. I swear to you I am telling you the truth. I am your son. [Seylah bring iron closer to Landon's face.]
Hope and Audrey glare at Seylah.
Seylah: Stop saying that, or I'll burn your lips shut.
Landon: The Salvatore School. That's who I called. That boarding school I was telling you about? It's a school for vampires and witches and werewolves and... Because they're real. And so are dragons and gargoyles and freaking talking trees and I don't know what else!
"She knows." Realised Caroline.
[Seylah walks back to counter and turns off lights.]
Landon: You got to be kidding me. You believe that but not that I'm your son?
Seylah: (whispering) They're here. They must have followed you.
Landon: Wait. You got... You have to cut me loose. [Landon tries to get out of chair, but he can't.]
"She can't really leave him there." Said Davina.
"She was about to iron him. I'm pretty sure she can." Said Freya.
Audrey: (O.C) Spoiler alert. Our story's about to take one hell of a turn.
Landon: Seylah, is that you? [Malivore's creature enters the house, its heavy breathing is heard.]
"What is that?" Asked Klaus.
Landon: Holy smokes. We can talk
about this. [Creature goes to Landon.]
Landon: If you have a mouth. [Creature opens the mouth and lets out muffled roar.]
Some look worried.
[Seylah shows up from behind and slices its head.]
"Well, at least, she save him." Said Hayley.
ALARIC'S CAR-DAY
[Hope is looking at map.]
Hope:(O.C) We used Landon's bracelet to do a locator spell, but all it located was more trouble. [Alaric, Hope and Audrey get out of car and walk up to boy.]
Clarke: Can I help you?
Alaric: Yeah, I hope so. Uh... Say, what's going on here? [Audrey checks Clarke out.]
"What is that?!" Said Klaus.
"What? He is cute." Said Audrey.
"You aren't allowed to..." Started Klaus, but Audrey interrupted.
"Do i look like someone who follow rules?" Interrupted Audrey.
"This is gonna be hard." Groaned Klaus. Mikaelsons look at him amused.
"That's what he said." Said Damon and laughed at his own joke, but he stopped when he saw Klaus glaring at him murderiously.
Clarke: Gas leak. Don't worry, though, we have it under control. You wouldn't happen to know who lives here, would you? We tried knocking, but no one's home.
"He is looking for Landon, too?" Asked Elijah. Audrey and Hope made zipping motion on their mouths.
Hope: Um, we're looking for...
Alaric: The highway. See, we're lost, and we... well, we saw you guys, and we thought we'd ask for directions.
Clarke: Yeah, at the end of the road, you make a right. Can't miss it.
Alaric: Cool. Thanks. All right, let's go, Jessica, Ashley. [Alaric, Hope and Audrey get back in car.]
Hope: "Jessica"? Really?
"Ashley isn't bad, but Audrey is better." Said Audrey.
Alaric: I've been part of enough cover-ups to smell one a mile away.
Hope: Do you think they're after Landon?
Audrey: For first time in his life Alaric is right. It was obviously a cover up. It can't be coincidence they showed up when Landon called and the cute boy was trying question us.
Klaus, Kol, Marcel and Elijah look annoyed at cute boy comment.
Alaric: All I know is they wouldn't have asked about him if they had him, so... we gotta find him before they do.