Chapter 64

SALVATORE SCHOOL-LIZZIE AND JOSIE'S DORM-NIGHT
Josie: So, one of us is gonna have to kill the other one?
Caroline look at twins worried. Stefan and Damon look nervous, too.
Alaric: More like absorb. When Gemini twins turn , the Merge will determine who will lead the coven. And only one will survive. That's why your mother's always traveling the globe. Trying to find a solution.
Lizzie: But if there's no one left from the Gemini coven...
Josie: No, it goes deeper than that. It's a curse, right? A curse on the Gemini twins?
Alaric: Uh, yes. I know I should have told you sooner. I just didn't know when. When do you... tell your children something like that? (Sighs) I mean, could you handle that news at six?? (Sniffles) When exactly is the right time to tell your children that you...
"This is the first and only time i feel bad for Alaric." Said Audrey.
"Well, sixteen is probably the good time." Said Damon.
Alaric: ...that you don't know if you'll be able to protect them? I mean, when I... when I look at you sometimes, I still see you as little girls.
Klaus looks at Audrey and Hope.
Alaric: Riding your bikes for the first time. Learning to walk. Dancing on my feet. (Sighs) When I look at you, I see all of that. So I was never ready to tell you. (Sniffles) I'm still not.
"I'm not either." Whispered Caroline with teary eyes. Stefan hugs her.
SALVATORE SCHOOL-AUDREY AND HOPE'S DORM-NIGHT
[Hope is talking to Marcel on phone.]
Hope: Yeah, i missed you, too.
Marcel: Rebekah told me you had fight with your boyfriend. Want me to beat him up? [Hope laughs.]
Marcel smiles. Hope smiles back.
"You talked to Rebekah?" Asked Hayley.
"Yep. After New Orleans vacation i talked to them more frequently." Said Hope.
"It's good to hear." Said Freya.
Hope: (laughing) No, no. Thanks for the offer, but i can handle it.
Marcel: If you say so.
Hope: How is Eli?
SALVATORE SCHOOL- GROUNDS- NEAR THE WATER-NIGHT
Hope: You're quiet.
Landon: I'm waiting.
"You still talk to that thing? I thought you decided you don't like him anymore." Said Klaus.
"I was looking for way to talk to him about that." Said Hope.
Hope: Seriously? After all that?
Landon: Mm-hmm.
Hope: I admited that i didn't want you to leave and my feelings toward you aren't romantic anymore. I mean, wha-what else could I possibly have to say?
Landon: What you've been trying to tell yourself all day. But there was too much noise in your head, so you couldn't hear it. I'm in trouble, Hope.
"I knew since message that he was acting weird, but i thought he was confused with emotions and all that. I didn't put much thought into it." Said Audrey.
Hope: What?
Landon: You already know that's true. I mean, I went into the woods, but I didn't take my journal? Or any camping gear. I left clues in the voice mail that something wasn't right. I called Dr. Saltzman "Ric." I would never do that.
Hope: You said hi to... Jed.
"So you figured it out." Said Hayley. Hope nodded.
Landon: I was trying to tell you that something wasn't right.
Hope: What happened?
"How would hollogram tell you that?" Said Damon.
Landon: Hope... for the last time, just listen.
SALVATORE SCHOOL-ALARIC'S OFFICE-NIGHT
[Hope, Audrey and MG are listening to message.]
Landon: (O.S.) Hey, Ric, sorry to take off like that, but I just needed a little time, so I'm going camping for a while.
MG: I can hear...
Landon: (O.S.) Hopefully, I can catch up on classwork later.
MG: ...shoes on a tile floor. An air conditioner running.
Landon: (O.S.) Tell Raf and Jed hi for me.
MG: Keycards being swiped.
Audrey: Triad.
Hope: It has to be them. They've already tried to come for him once.
Audrey: Time to rescue troublemaker.
"Perfect name for him." Said Freya.
TRIAD'S BUILDING-NIGHT
[Landon and Clarke are sitting at table.]
Clarke: There's really only one thing you have to decide. Will you help me?
Landon: Help release Malivore and destroy the world?
Clarke: He's been alive for centuries. Was the world destroyed? Or was it balanced and safer without all these creatures running around? Ask yourself... who's the real bad guy here? Our father was designed for a purpose. It's his programming. He can't control that.
"Didn't he say Malivore evolved and is alive?" Said Caroline.
Clarke: But all the monsters he swallowed are still alive inside of him. Did your friends keep any of them alive? Or did they just kill every creature they couldn't control?
"It's not like they left us many choice. It was kill or be killed. I prefer to alive. Thank you." Said Audrey.
Clarke: Malivore can't hurt witches, werewolves, or vampires, remember? Your friends at the school... They aren't in any danger from him.
"And we should trust him on his words?" Scoffed Klaus.
Clarke: But they are in danger from Triad. You know what goes on in this building? What kind of secret experiments they run in their mad scientist labs? They're finding a way to turn the pit into a weapon. They're chemically altering it so it can be used against the protected species.
"Fucking scientists." Muttered annoyed and angry Damon.
Clarke: Ending supernaturals once and for all. You want to save your friends? You have to stop Triad. Landon, no matter what they say at that school... you're not one of them. And you know that, too, don't you? I'm offering you a family who actually wants you. We can raise our father. And we can destroy Triad. What's it gonna be? [Landon places his hand on cup's photo.]
Landon: This one.
"He betrayed?!" Said surprised Marcel.
"He lied." Answered Hope.
TRIAD BUILDING-NIGHT-LATER
[Mrs. Greasley picks up ropes and is looking at it. Triad man brings photo to her.]
Man: It was the only thing in his desk. He's one of them. Security found an old pipe that they must've escaped through. There's no record of it on any ground plans. They lost their trail, but... they did find this. [Man shows Mrs. Greasley a photo of the cup(Landon pointed at).]
Mrs. Greasley: I know where they're going. Prep your team.
"Why is she doing this?" Asked Caroline.
SALVATORE SCHOOL-HOPE AND AUDREY'S ROOM-NIGHT
[Hope is packing up.]
Audrey: I still think we should call uncle Kol. Having Original on our side would be good if we are breaking in military organisation.
"You shouldn't go there at all!" Said Hayley.
"Your mother's right. It's too dangerous." Said Elijah.
"But if you are gonna still go, listen to Audrey and at least, take Kol." Said Klaus. Kol looked at Klaus surprised for trusting him with his daughters.
Hope: And i told you that we don't have time for that. We have to leave before Dr. Saltzman arrives. [Audrey groans. Rafael enters the room.]
Rafael: I'm coming.
Audrey: Hello to you, too.
Hope: No, you're not.
Rafael: Look, last time you did this without me, it was a disaster.
Audrey: (snorts) And the time you came everything turned out fine, didn't it?
"That's why you shouldn't go and leave it to adults. What is Alaric doing?" Said Klaus.
"Not taking down military organisation. He is just a human, remember? What he can do against trained soldiers?" Said Audrey.
"And you are just children." Said Hayley.
"We have never been just children." Said Hope and Audrey. Mikaelsons frown and look worried.
Hope: I'm not gonna go alone this time. I'm gonna draft the twins, MG, Kaleb. Jed and Lela will follow Audrey. We're going before Dr. Saltzman comes back. It'll be like a Super Squad Assemble. I don't know. Is that a thing? I don't know. I'll ask MG.
"We still don't agree with this." Said Freya to Mikaelson twins.
Rafael: Yeah, I'll ask him myself.
Hope: Raf, Dr. Saltzman told me about the side effects. I'm sorry, but I can't let you come.
Audrey: She is right, you know? You are just gonna get in our way. We can't protect you, sneak into Triad and rescue Landon at the same time.
Hope: (sighs) How do you feel now? [Rafael sits on bed.]
Rafael: Like my brain's split down the middle. I keep having these flashes like I can't control myself, and...
Hope: That's why you're not coming on the mission.
Audrey: Why didn't you tell me? You might not be in my pack, but i wouldn't refuse you help.
Hayley smiles at Audrey at that.
Rafael: You know why. [Hope looks confused. Audrey sighs.]
Audrey: I do, but Rafael...
"What does he mean?" Asked Elijah.
"That he has crush on me." Said Audrey.
"You knew it?" Asked surprised Caroline.
"I'm not blind." Said Audrey.
Rafael: I don't know how to be around you, Audrey. I know you know about my feeling toward you and i know it's one sided, so I push it down, and that just makes the split in my brain worse, which makes it harder to hide. [Hope looks surprised by Rafael's confession.]
Audrey: You'll find a girl who will love you like you deserve, Rafael, but i'm not that girl. I'm sorry. [Rafael nods. There is awkward silence.]
"So awkward." Said Davina.
[Hope breaks silence by taking ring from table and giving it to Rafael.]
Hope: Me and Audrey made it. It's essentially like a reverse kyanite ring. When you use it, you can turn yourself at will. [Audrey is glad about changed topic and continues explanation.]
Audrey: As you know in your wolf mind, things are less complicated.
"That's why you turn in wolf when you are overhelmed." Said Freya to Hope. Hope nodded.
Audrey: It'll buy you time to heal. Only catch is that because of your mental heath you can't turn yourself back, so, if you do use it, all you have to do is come find me or Hope when you're ready to be yourself again.
Rafael: I am really glad I know you...
SALVATORE SCHOOL GATES
[Triad men cut open Slavatore school gate and go into school's ground. They are all armed and they have two cars.]
"Oh, no, no, no." Said Caroline.
"Damn it." Said Hayley. Everyone looks at Salvatore school worried.