Chapter 43

ALARIC'S CAR-MYSTIC FALLS HIGH GROUNDS-DAY
[Alaric is sitting in driver's seat, Josie in passenger's seat and Lizzie in backseat.]
Alaric: Now, remember, if anybody starts messing with you, just play it cool.
Josie: Don't worry, Dad. We know. No magic allowed. Blah, blah, blah.
"Public school. Makes sense." Said Caroline.
Lizzie: Public school. Makes sense.
"She is mini you." Chuckled Stefan. Caroline smiled.
Alaric: All right, well, I hate to sound like a broken record, but if you expose your powers...
Josie: You risk becoming a target.
"Is it me or does Josie look different?" Asled Hope.
"Yeah. I noticed, too." Said Audrey.
"She seems more confident." Said Caroline.
Alaric: All right, girls, we'll see you in class.
Lizzie: Wait. Why am I in the backseat?
[Josie and Alaric get out of car.]
MYSTIC FALLS HIGH-GYM-DAY
Lizzie: So, do we like it here?
Josie: Where?
Lizzie: This school.
Josie: Lizzie, do me a favor and try to keep it together today, okay? It's important.
"Okay. She is definetly different." Said Audrey.
Lizzie: Okay.
Connor: Homecoming queen! Big night.
Josie/Lizzie: Thanks. [Connor approaches them.]
Lizzie: That wasn't an invitation, Connor. [Connor and Josie kiss.]
"What is Josie doing with that dick?!" Said Damon. Stefan glared at Connor, too.
Lizzie: And that is inappropriate.
Connor: Your sister's being weird again.
Josie: Cut her some slack. It's hard being the only one on Homecoming without a date.
"Wait. Wait. She doesn't have a date? Why?" Said Caroline.
Lizzie: Wait. I don't have a date?
Connor: I can't wait to see what you have planned for tonight.
Josie: I'm pretty sure you're gonna like it. [They kiss again. Connor slowly leaves. Josie is smiling happily.]
Lizzie: I am so confused. You're into Connor?
Josie: Lizzie, we talked about this. He's QB . I'm head cheer. It just makes sense.
"She's so different." Said Hope.
"Not really. She has always been like this, but she was hiding in Lizzie's shadow, so no one could see it." Said Audrey.
[Danna approaches.]
Dana: Here's your skinny vanilla latte.
Lizzie: Not now, Dana. My sister is obviously on drugs, and I despise vanilla latte. [Dana brings latte to Josie.]
Josie: Thanks, D.
Dana: Mm. Somebody's clearly having one of her off days. Lizzie-Bear, relax. There's only so much a doctor can raise your dosage before my mom's pharmacy will plumb run out of pills.
"I will kill her! Stefan, i will really do it!" Said Caroline. Stefan is slighly amused by Caroline's mama bear mode.
[Lizzie looks hurt. Josie is smiling.]
Dana: Come on.
MYSTIC FALLS HIGH-CLASSROM-DAY
[Alaric is teaching history class.]
Alaric: Those who don't learn from history are doomed to repeat it. And the truth is, those civilians, they weren't... casualties of, uh... uh... Does anyone remember the name of the battle? Anyone? Anyone?
"Is he drunk?" Asked Hayley.
Lizzie: (Quietly) Is it just me, or is Dad a little day-drunk?
Josie: When isn't he?
Caroline frowns.
Alaric: Josie?
Josie: The Battle of Willow Creek.
Alaric: Exactly. All those civilians, they were just rounded up by their friends and neighbors, hmm, all because they were different. [Alaric looks down at his watch.]
Josie: Why is he still wearing his watch?
Lizzie: Why wouldn't he be?
MYSTIC FALLS HIGH-CORRIDOR-DAY
[Josie and Lizzie walk up to Josie's closet.]
Josie: How could you forget?
Lizzie: I'm sure I didn't forget. Just remind me?
Josie: Homecoming Dance is tonight.
Lizzie: I know. How do I not have a date?
Josie: This isn't about you, Lizzie.
"Penelope would be so proud if she could see this." Said Audrey.
Lizzie: Yeah, I'm totally getting that.
Josie: What I need you to do is just get Dad's watch, like you promised. Stefanie Salvatore's dad gave him the watch.
"Stefanie Salvatore's dad?" Questioned Damon.
"Your daughter." Said Hope.
"You named your child after me?" Asked touched Stefan.
"Am...am i a good father?" Asked Damon. People look surprised at how vulnerable Damon sounds.
"Yes. From what i know Stefanie is total daddy's girl." Said Hope.
"Can't say same about her brother. He is total momma's boy." Said Audrey. Damon smiles happily. So does Stefan.
Josie: It's a magical object that I can siphon so I can take things to the next level with Connor.
"Ew." Said Audrey and Hope in disgust. Salvatores glare at screen protectovly.
Lizzie: And by, um, "take things to the next level," you mean...
Josie: I'm gonna show him I'm a witch.
"That's better." Said Audrey.
"Better?! She can't tell Connor. He will tell everyone." Said Hope.
Lizzie: Oh, thank God. I mean, don't get me wrong, that is a terrible idea, but for a second, I thought...
Josie: Then I'm gonna have sex with him.
"No, no, no and did i mention? NO." Said Damon.
Lizzie: Yeah. That was it.
Josie: You promised you wouldn't let me down. Actually do it for a change.
"Josie!" Scolded Caroline.
MYSTIC FALLS HIGH-CLASSROM-DAY
[Alaric is sleeping. Lizzie gets on knees and crawls to steal watch without waking Alaric.]
Lizzie: (Whispers) This is so lame. [Jinni appears next to Lizzie and crawls beside her.]
Jinni: Yeah. Tell me about it.
Lizzie: You suck at granting wishes.
"You suck at making ones. If it was me this wouldn't happen. I would think about consequences and word my wishes perfectly." Said Audrey.
"Oh, yeah? What would you wish for?" Asked Hope.
"Well, obviously, my first wish would be to bring back family members that i love." Said Audrey.
"I'd say family members that i love, because i don't want Mikael or Esther anywhere near me and if i said only parents, uncle Elijah would stay dead. If i didn't say family memebers, she could bring back some celebrity she thinks i 'love' and it would cause big trouble." Explained Audrey. Elijah smiles that Audrey indirectly said she loves him. And also about her genious to word a wish perfectly.
"My second wish would be that for me to have ability to grant true immoraltality, which means to not be able to be killed by anything like it was with Silas, to whoever i want, but the trick should be that they must want it, too. I don't want to make someone who doesn't want to become immortal. With this wish i could make sure no one i love dies." Said Audrey.
"What about third wish?" Asked entertained Kol.
"My third wish would be that everyone who i grant immortality to, can have magic if they had it in childhood, Which would make sure that Aunt Freya, Aunt Davina and you could still have magic." Said Audrey. Freya, Davina and Kol look touched.
"You... you would do it.. for me?" Said teared up Kol.
"Of course. I know how much you loved magic." Said Audrey.
"How are you Niklaus's daughter? You are too good." Said Kol.
"Uncle Kol!" Scolded Audrey.
"You got that ability to play with words from Elijah." Said amused Hayley.
"I guess reading his diary taugh me one or two things." Said Audrey and winked. Elijah chuckled.
Jinni:No. You suck at making them.
Lizzie: (Gasps) You are totally manipulating things to make me miserable. There is no world in which this would happen.
"Actually all this are logical consequences." Said Audrey.
Jinni: Shh! You're gonna wake up your father. [Jinni sees Alaric stir in sleep while holding alcohol bottle.]
Jinni: Oh, well, maybe not. [Jinni stands up.]
Jinni: But, for the record, I can't lie. Everything you are experiencing is, in fact, a potential reality that has occurred as a direct result of your wish.
Lizzie: Whatever.
Jinni: This world does make sense, when you think about it. Your father built the Salvatore School so you could thrive. You and your sister were born of a dangerous coven known for breeding... (Whistles) psychotics, and so he built a safe place to shield you from your darkest impulses. [Lizzie takes Alaric's watch and gets up.]
Jinni: And then you went and wished his dream away because it wasn't perfect.
"Idiot." Shook her head Audrey.
Jinni: Well, now the students here don't care about protecting your fragile ego. So you are the school freak, and your sister gets to shine.
Lizzie: Just tell me how to get out of here.
Jinni: Well... you could use another wish. But, like I said, language is important. Besides, you think I want to be here? (Scoffs) I've spent nearly 500 years granting awful wishes to self-involved humans before we even met...
"It must have been so horrible and she doesn't even get thank you." Said Audrey.
Lizzie: This isn't about you.
Jinni: I rest my case. [Lizzie gets out and sees Connor and Dana making out in parking.]
"How dares he?!" Glared Salvatores.
SALVATORE SCHOOL- CORRIDOR-NIGHT
[Homecoming already started.]
Lizzie: I can't let you go through with this.
Josie: You need to stop. Dana and Connor denied it, and I believe them.
"You belive them over your sister?" Said Audrey in disbelief.
"And what did you expect? They would just admit it?" Said Freya.
Lizzie: Why would you believe them over me?
Josie: 'Cause you always do this. Any time things are going well for me, you have an episode, and you ruin everything just to steal the spotlight. I mean, honestly, Lizzie, if I believed every paranoid delusion that came out of your mouth, I'd be just as crazy as you.
"JOSETTE OLIVIA SALTZMAN!!!" Yelled angry Caroline.
"Oh, oh. Full name. It never means good." Said Audrey.
Lizzie: (hurt) Jo...
Josie: Look, I'm sorry. I don't want to hurt your feelings, but I have spent my entire life trying to make you feel okay about yourself. Watched Dad kill himself trying to do it, too. And why do you think that he drinks all the time? He hates his job. The only reason why he works here is to keep an eye on you. Mom makes any excuse that she can to be out of town, because seeing him like this makes her sad, 'cause he's completely given up.
"I wouldn't just leave you. I'm probably still working on merge." Frowned Caroline.
Josie: So I am done making excuses for you. I am done worrying about when you are going to snap. And I am done letting you control my happiness. I love Connor, and tonight I'm going to show him just how much. Now, give me the watch. [Lizzie looks hearbroken and she is about to hand the watch over to Josie, but stops.]
Lizzie: I'm sorry. [Lizzie siphons the magic out of watch.]
Lizzie: It's for your own good.
Josie: I hate you. [Josie walks away.]
"I won't let this happen." Said Caroline, but she didn't look sure she could.
"I know you won't. And i'll help you." Said Stefan to Caroline. Caroline smiled at him for comforting her.
Lizzie: Josie... No. Wait. (Quietly) Please just... wait. [Suddenly, Lizzie screams and everything lights play and things explode around Lizzie. Lizzie looks around and sees people staring and taking photos.]
"Fuck." Said Damon.
"She needs to get ou! Now!" Said worried Stefan.
"Stop snaping pictures assholes!" Glaed Caroline.
Boy: This could go viral. [Alaric comes running.]
Alaric: What the hell?! [Alaric grabs Josie and Lizzie and takes them toward exit.]
Alaric: We got to go. We got to go now. Now. Come on. Nothing to see. [Black car with Mikaelon symbol comes to the school. Hope and Audrey get out of the car. From backseats comes out Lela, Jed and Kaleb. They are all wearing black uniforms.]
"We look so cool." Said Audrey.
"Is that Mikaelson crest on car?" Asked Hope.
"Ooh. Maybe it's Mikaelson school. I would love it. I'm sure it's much better." Said Audrey.
Hope: Looks like you guys could use some help.
Lizzie: Uh-uh. No, we are all good.
Alaric: That "M." Mikaelson. Like the boarding school?
"Cool." Said Hope and Audrey.
Audrey: Kaleb, compel the students to forget what they've seen.
Kaleb: On it.
Hope: Jed, establish a perimeter. Lock the place down.
Jed: Copy.
Audrey: Lela, Call in the chopper. [Lela touches earphones and walks away.]
Lela: Green light, Maverick.
"Would you like if we built the school?" Asked Elijah.
"Yes." Said Audrey without hesistation. Hope looks hesistant, because she wants Saltzmans to stay, too.
"Hope?" Asked Klaus.
"Can Saltzmans attend, too?" Asked Hope. Klaus looks at Caroline questioningly.
"Our school seems to be failing, so i will think about it, but first i need to see the school." Said Caroline.
Lizzie: Uh, I-I said that we're good. Okay? Josie and I do not want to be superheroes.
Josie: Yeah. Speak for yourself.
Hope: We're not here for you. We're here for him.
"Whaaaat?!" Said Kol, Marcel and Audrey together.
[Alaric and Josie follow Hope and Audrey.]
Lizzie: (Scoffing) Son of a bitch.
MIKAELSON SCHOOL-NIGHT
[Audrey, Hope, Alaric, Josie and Lizzie enter school.]
Hope: Make yourselves at home.
Alaric: This place, it's like a... dream come true.
Audrey: Perhaps you've heard our father has had a checkered past. But when he had us, things changed.
"Wait! Our father? He.. He isn't...?" Asked Hope.
"But how? What Salvatore school not existing has to do with that?" Asked Audrey.
Hope: There wasn't a school he could send someone like us to, so he built this one. And as you can see, it's been quite the success.
Audrey: So much so that he's currently overseas establishing our European branch, which is why we're in need of a new headmaster.
"Maybe we could send Lizzie and Josie in that school. I'll talk to Alaric." Said Caroline.
"Does this mean you are building it?" Asked Audrey hopefully to Klaus.
"Hope?" Asked Klaus.
"Yes. Yes, it does." Said Hope. Audrey grins.
[Josie gives Hope flirty smile. Lizzie notices it.]
Lizzie: I think I'm gonna be sick. [Lela walks in.]
Hope: (to Lizzie) Sorry, if the chopper ride was too bumpy. Bathroom's down the hall.
Lizzie: I know where it is. [Lizzie walks away. Josie gives Hope flirty smile again. Lela notices and glares.]
Lela: Stop flirting with my girlfriend!
"Girlfriend?" Asked amused Audrey.
[Alaric glances at Josie worried. Hope looks amused by Lela's jaelousy. Audrey nudges Lela teasingly.]
Josie: Sorry. I didn't know she had a girlfriend.
Lela: Okay. Let's start from new page then. [Alaric looks relieved. Lela notices.]
Lela: Don't worry, Mr. Saltzman. If i killed everyone who was attracted to Hope, there wouldn't be people left. Can't blame. She is drop dead gorgeous. [Lela kisses Hope. Hope smiles into kiss.]
"Better than Landon." Admitted Elijah.
"I don't care. No girls or boys!" Said Klaus to Hope and Audrey.
"It's cute you think you can stop us from dating." Said Audrey. Klaus groans. Stefan, Caroline, Hayley, Freya and Davina give Klaus amused looks.
[While Lizzie's walking in corridor, she sees Jinni.]
Lizzie: Screw this world. I want my final wish.
Jinni: Have you even noticed how pleased the rest of your family seems with this reality? [Lizzie sees Lela is sitting in Hope's lap. Josie and Jed are touching each others arms and laughing. Audrey's sitting on coach with them, too.]
"Jed and Josie? Who would have thought. But then again that Josie is different." Said Audrey.
Lizzie: They're my freaking wishes, right?
Jinni: Indeed. But if this is to be your third wish, might I suggest you wish for what you truly want. Isolate your biggest problem. Show it no mercy. [Lizzie sees how the group(Hope,Lela, Audrey, Josie and Jed) are laughing and having fun without her.]
Lizzie: I wish Audrey and Hope Mikaelson were never born.
This causes uproar in Mikaelsons.
"How dares she?!" Yelled Freya.
"I will kill her!" Growled Klaus and Hayley. Every Mikaelson glares at Lizzie murderiously. Salvatores look scared.
"They are still here, so something else must have happen." Tried to defend Caroline.
"It doesn't matter! She tried to erase my girls from existence!" Growled Hayley.
"She will wish she has never been born if my nieces are harmed." Said Kol murderiously.
"Fucking coward! If she wants me dead, she can try to do it herself!" Said angry Audrey.
Jinni: Your wish is my command.